Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 1/2 AMT Camaro

1hobby1

Hey guys just finished this one up. Tried a new paint method on this one. Used Folkart acrylic craft paint thinned with future and then cleared with future as well. The car is more or less box stock. I lowered the car, wheels are from my parts box, shortened the rear axle for some wider wheels and tires in the rear, spark plug wires and flocked the interior. Overall I'm happy with how this came out. Hope you all enjoy! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by 1hobby1

Very interesting painting method! I'm not ready to give up my beloved enamels yet, but I'm listening....

I don't exactly have a "set" method yet. I'm still very new to modeling and still experimenting what works for me. But I must say I was quite impressed with the way the craft paint laid down. Next time I use craft acrylics I think I'm going to try a different clear coat, future was a bit tricky for me and I think I just had some luck on my side the day I cleared it haha. Next model up will be a testors enamel 50:50 with laquer thinner. I guess time will tell how well craft acrylics hold up. 

Looks fantastic and I love the color! One naive question that I am sure is covered in other topics...how did you light this for the photos? I've been building forever but only recently have I tried taking pictures, and they are always really dark, no matter the (sometimes hilarious) ligniting setups I try. Your pics are so sharp and bright, I hope you don't mind my asking. Again, though, great build!

Looks fantastic and I love the color! One naive question that I am sure is covered in other topics...how did you light this for the photos? I've been building forever but only recently have I tried taking pictures, and they are always really dark, no matter the (sometimes hilarious) ligniting setups I try. Your pics are so sharp and bright, I hope you don't mind my asking. Again, though, great build!

thank you for the compliment but you are going to be very surprised, the lighting is just normal house bulbs that are on the ceiling, no special setup just average home light. The background are old white shelfs, and the photos are simply taken on my iPhone. No secret here! I set up on the floor under a light on the ceiling. Hope this helps!