Model Cars Magazine Forum

55' Ford pick up/Nascar kit bash

CancinoEvil

I had a great time with this truck, it is a bit rough compared to a lot of what I see here but non the less I wanted to share this.  I swaped the drive train and most of the suspention also.  Plummed and wired the motor.  The bed was fitted with the fuel cell along with the filler tube a battery and then covered with a custom bed cover and support bars tied into the roll cage. The drivers compartment has added nascar safety equipment, once i'd gotten that far I figured why not decal it in the full MGD theme.  All I really wanted to do was swap the NASCAR wheels on it and be done... Yeah right.  I had a blast and it came out half decent.

100_1033.JPG

100_1037.JPG

100_1041.JPG

20151031_113731_Burst03.jpg

Edited by CancinoEvil

Yes this is a very "what if" model built by pure imagination.  Heres a chassis shot and also the dash board before install.  I added a few things to motor such as a hard fuel line, fuel pump, radiator hoses, overflow tank and distributor along with a dash mounted ignition box, all scratch.  The oil filter relocater and oil cooler were supplied but I plummed them to make it right.  The stance was lowered, wheel base legnthened along with the drive shaft.  The exaust was made in a nascar style to finish it off.   Look out for more builds by Cancinoevil.  

100_0673.JPG

100_0674.JPG

100_1046.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...