Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lawman '66 Charger questions!

I'd really like to build this one day. He here's my questions.

Modelhaus has a '66 Conversion kit. Is it for the MPC or Revell '67? Do I have a prayer of getting them from Modelhaus?

Anyone seen those Cragar G/T's in a kit?

Decals? My searches are coming up empty.

And that scoop looks a little different from the one that comes in the Revell '67. Is that a Ramchargers scoop?

5520879253_b49f44fb77_o.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

Major difference between 66 and 67 is the upholstery pattern. If that doesn't bother you, you don't even need a "conversion kit." The Modelhaus is almost certainly for the old MPC but maybe someone knows for sure.

The AMT '66 Mustang funny car has two of those Cragar wheels (fronts). Or you can just take any Cragars you happen to like and paint them gray instead of leaving them chrome. The ones in the Manx kit might be especially good for this.

The Revell '67 kits (Shahan Coronet, Sox & Martin GTX) will have the hood scoop, and the Dodge might have a set of Cragar wheels too.  The '64 Hemi hood scoop can be altered to fit too (the rear edge has a reverse curve, to match the rear edge of the '64 hood).

The wheels look to me like they're Cragar GT's , which are ostensibly different from the more common S/S models .

The hood scoop is from the 1967 Coronet Super Stock ( 'WO23' ) .

Are you planning to change the differential to the correct Dana 60 ? The kit's piece is the 8 3/4 diff , which is incorrect for a Hemi / 4-speed .

The wheels look to me like they're Cragar GT's , which are ostensibly different from the more common S/S models .

The hood scoop is from the 1967 Coronet Super Stock ( 'WO23' ) .

Are you planning to change the differential to the correct Dana 60 ? The kit's piece is the 8 3/4 diff , which is incorrect for a Hemi / 4-speed .

Yep. I'll try to find the G/Ts.

So the Sox and Martin GTX is likely my best source for the scoop yes?

If I can source the Dana 60 easily I will change it out. 

Bill, I can't find them, but perhaps I could talk them into it at Slixx. I'm sure I'm not the only person to want to do this build.

Yep. I'll try to find the G/Ts.

So the Sox and Martin GTX is likely my best source for the scoop yes?

If I can source the Dana 60 easily I will change it out. 

- Here's a link to some resin Cragar GT's : http://scenesunltd.com/products/cragar-gt-s24

- Either the Sox & Martin or the 1967 Coronet 'Drag-On Lady' kit .

- You should be able to source a Dana 60 from the new Revell 1970 Hemi'Cuda kit .

To me, the wheels on the car above look more like the ones on this page labeled Cragar GT--scroll down a bit, they're on the right.

http://www.kustomwheel.com/vintagemags/vintagemagsii.html

Painting a set of common Cragars like the ones in the Manx kit would get you there.

Edited by Snake45