Model Cars Magazine Forum

41, Lincoln Continental Custom

This is looking good! I think your idea of removing the hump was spot on. Keep it up. This kit is for sale at a local thrift store and I have been eyeing it for quite some time. I now know that I have to get it.

Later-

thanks Glad i could be at service to help you decide to get it . . im really happy with my decision to cut it so far too. hope i can keep a good build up  

If you want to strengthen a join, apply a fat line of regular superglue along the inner side of the join, then cover with baking soda.  Only do this where you won't want to remove any, as it sets up almost like stone.  I do this quite a bit, since I only build customs myself.

Edited by GerN
clarifying

If you want to strengthen a join, apply a fat line of regular superglue along the inner side of the join, then cover with baking soda.  Only do this where you won't want to remove any, as it sets up almost like stone.  I do this quite a bit, since I only build customs myself.

thanks for the tip . Gerald i appreciate it .

Live from The west coast in Europe its John with the Way past bedtime "Progress report"

been sanding like a Mad man for hours 

and also added another strip of plastic in the bottom of the back to make it flush with the fenders

Unfortunately i had to glue in the interior at this point because of the way i chose to build it earlier . this will be a bit annoying when it comes to painting . but ok

this Build also gave me my first chance to pull out the Putty and i just Might have used a bit Much . i call it part of the Learning Curb

soo alot more sanding in my near future .  na na na  All together Now ,,,,"Hooray for paper with sand glued to it"

like i said way past bedtime .

Just a small tip Sprue, since i also just recently began messing with the contour putty.... Let that stuff cure up for like 3 days before you start to sand on it. Itll come off much smoother and leave a better surface. And always remember that primer is your best friend when finding low spots :) looking good so far!

Just a small tip Sprue, since i also just recently began messing with the contour putty.... Let that stuff cure up for like 3 days before you start to sand on it. Itll come off much smoother and leave a better surface. And always remember that primer is your best friend when finding low spots :) looking good so far!

hey thanks for the tip. now i only did let it cure over night . but its still good comes of as a very fine powder .result seams to be pretty smooth . i just had to re-putty some very small holes and im thinking it will be good to finish tomorrow ... im using Revell Plasto putty ..   

nice job , and i always use all sorts of materials myself , i always try to collect old window blinds (for a window in a house) , this white hard bendable plastic .. that stuff would have bend in that shape without heats ...

just hang in there !! ...i'm sure with a few rounds of bondo and sanding and ssome filler primer you will get it looking great !!

i like the direction your heading for with this ! , will it be low ?? that would look awsome with that mooth rounded rear end !

nice job , and i always use all sorts of materials myself , i always try to collect old window blinds (for a window in a house) , this white hard bendable plastic .. that stuff would have bend in that shape without heats ...

just hang in there !! ...i'm sure with a few rounds of bondo and sanding and ssome filler primer you will get it looking great !!

i like the direction your heading for with this ! , will it be low ?? that would look awsome with that mooth rounded rear  nd !

yes its great to reuse all kinds of material and . yes it will be real low will look good

Thats looking awsome John. Can't wait to see it in the under glass section. Just a small tip on applying putty. When you get credit card offer's in the mail, save the fake credit card and cut it up to use as a spreader. You can get a smoother application that makes it easier to sand and not use as much putty in the process.

Welcome to the AB world side of model painting, nice looking kit there.

The build is looking great, I have alway like the look of a side opening hood, just always think of how you service the master cylinder, change plug, etc on that side.  I guess you just climb right in there. 

soo I have been busy . and also a little anxious to start the painting process with the new air brush system . but jumped right in now .

got her in primer .

and then some silver

then went to work on some of the small bits the airbrush is awesome much smoother finish on parts

and then taped the body up for color two ..

I also just happened to start a little side project wich I will reveal with the car .

and I know the paint or even the putty work is not perfect but I really feel like. as everything on this build is a first for me its ok . 

I'm glad you all follow this build . I'm doing my best to make it a beauty