Model Cars Magazine Forum

41, Lincoln Continental Custom

Thats looking awsome John. Can't wait to see it in the under glass section. Just a small tip on applying putty. When you get credit card offer's in the mail, save the fake credit card and cut it up to use as a spreader. You can get a smoother application that makes it easier to sand and not use as much putty in the process.

thanks jeff . it will show up I a not so distant future  and thank you for that card tip very good idea . they dont send out cards like that here . but I have some old ones

Welcome to the AB world side of model painting, nice looking kit there.

The build is looking great, I have alway like the look of a side opening hood, just always think of how you service the master cylinder, change plug, etc on that side.  I guess you just climb right in there. 

thanks yes I guess you just get in there down and dirty . or remove the hood .

here's my Lincoln, built a few years ago...it has '49 Merc suspension front and rear, frenched headlights, '59 caddy rear lights (From the '49 Merc kit) hubcaps gotten on line, black and white rolls and pleats inside with camaro buckets in front etc etc...BUT YOURS...now that is one heck of a lot of work. I like the smooth trunk area. But I am way too lazy to do THAT much!!! NIce

SANY0001 (2).JPG

Edited by bonehead23

here's my Lincoln, built a few years ago...it has '49 Merc suspension front and rear, frenched headlights, '59 caddy rear lights (From the '49 Merc kit) hubcaps gotten on line, black and white rolls and pleats inside with camaro buckets in front etc etc...BUT YOURS...now that is one heck of a lot of work. I like the smooth trunk area. But I am way too lazy to do THAT much!!! NIce  

SANY0001 (2).JPG

thank you Stephen it has / is alot of hours and work to do such body mods as i did here . its the first time i try something like this but it wont be the last im sure .i like yours too you got it looking like trouble it made me think of a batman joker henchmen type of car .just has a sinister look too me i like it with the caddy lights and breathers and the wheels too