Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the Revell Peterbilt 359 snap kit, or at least my version of it. A great kit to build, especially for someone that hasn't even had time to sit down at the bench for a couple of years (me). Anyway, there are a few changes from stock including the decals on the doors (from the AMT California Hauler kit). I ditched the Revell supplied wheels and tires, replacing them with ones from Moebius. The headlights were donated to the cause from the AMT TeeVee Dune Buggy. I added BMF, stripped much of the chrome replacing it with Testors Metallic Red to match the body and gave the engine some detailing with different gauge wires.

Overall, I am quite happy with how it turned out, hope you fellas like it.

Cheers.

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

Not always Harry. All that is required is the hoses and electrical lines not rub the deck plate. I've driven trucks where there was a long spring that went from a high mounted grab handle with a clamp on the lines. I've also driven a few where they were ran underneath and just hung there. 

OK, I'm no truck guy... but shouldn't there be a "pogo stick" and the brake hoses there behind the cab?

Not always Harry. All that is required is the hoses and electrical lines not rub the deck plate. I've driven trucks where there was a long spring that went from a high mounted grab handle with a clamp on the lines. I've also driven a few where they were ran underneath and just hung there. 

But specifically on a Pete 359?

No. The pogo stick is just one of them options that isn't specific to any one truck. It's one of them things that also depends on the application. It does seem like they were used more 60s and 70s. Guess that's most of the truck kits have them.

But specifically on a Pete 359?

Yes Harry, but, the pogo sticks purpose is to keep the lines off the deck plate. Since there are other options to keep the lines off the deck, the pogo stick is not always used. It is still used by some. In my opinion, it's not visually appealing, it's an eye sore. I know it's a work truck, and the way something looks isn't crucial. Some companies choose to run the lines out the rear of the frame and let them hang, some use the long spring like mentioned before and some use the pogo.

Doesn't every truck have to have lines to connect to the trailer's brakes?