Model Cars Magazine Forum

resin or aftermarket floor shifter

There are companies out there that make scale reproductions of current aftermarket street and strip automatic shifters. If that is what you are looking for. I remember seeing 3 or 4 different styles recently, but can't remember the company. Sorry.

Edit: Calnaga has the B&M Pro Stick listed on their site.

Edited by Xingu

I buy shifters by the bagful at Michaels. ;)

jun%202%2015%203.jpg

Here's one application (the long one).

IMG_4025.jpg

Now that looks great. So much better than any kit piece. That Shifter gives me a bunch of inspiration.   Thanks.    Jeff 

Thanks for all the tips. I tried using the round head pins but I couldn't get the bend right. Maybe I'll try again. I like the guide that Snake45 posted and that is just what I'm looking for. Looks like a trip to Michaels in the cards for me.

Thanks for all the tips. I tried using the round head pins but I couldn't get the bend right. Maybe I'll try again. I like the guide that Snake45 posted and that is just what I'm looking for. Looks like a trip to Michaels in the cards for me.

Bring a good sized wallet if you intend to shop there. Just walking through the aisles of that store and other similar craft stores like it is dangerous, as it will give you all sorts of devilishly cool ideas to further your hobbying addiction. The dollhouse stuff in European G scale make nice furniture for our models in diorama form. B)

Drake69, I hear you. I worked for Michaels for a little over ten years, until I retired. Even though I hadn't started modeling again, I'd get all kinds of ideas. I'm not the crafty type other than modeling so I had to get out quick. I do miss the employee discount. Last year on vacation in Florida, I found a Hobby Lobby near by. None close to me here in PA, and stocked up on some handy stuff and a couple of kits. My wife told me to stop before I was really done. Too bad, I was on a roll.

I'm stuck in a loop on this. If I go to the site for Replicas and Miniatures and click on contact it give a contact for Rocketfin. He did reply but said he didn't sell at shows and his name is Bruce. He attached a list of resin vendors to the e-mail from his site and going to R&M leads back to him.I'm going to try the other E-mail posted above for R&M and if that doesn't work out it will be time to move on.

I'm stuck in a loop on this. If I go to the site for Replicas and Miniatures and click on contact it give a contact for Rocketfin.

Norm has no website (never has) and the email link that was given by Michael is best for him. Norm will get back to you. I've known him for many years, and I see him on a regular basis at the CPMCC meetings (York, PA), and the MAMA club meetings in MD. In fact, there's a MAMA club meeting next weekend (the 18th) at the Greenbelt Community Center in Greenbelt, MD. 

I don't know where you are in PA, but I'm in South Central PA (Steelton, outside of Harrisburg), and it's about an hour and a half drive for me.

His stuff is top notch, and definitely worth getting! ;) 

OK, I see you're in the Luzerne County area. That's a bit of a drive for you as I used to live up in that area once upon a time. Nevertheless, Norm will get in touch with you if you dropped him a line. He's a bit busy these days (as are a lot of resin casters), but his items are well worth the wait. ;)

Edited by MrObsessive