Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late 70s Ford truck grille?

Check with Bandit Resins, I believe Kenny has a correct round headlamp grille for the '78-79 model years.

Actually, the square headlights that are in the kit ARE correct for a late 78 and 79 model, the round were early 78 and prior years, and only early 78 with the kit's grille. The grille that Dave (towman1271) has a pic of is a 77 and prior grille. 

Actually, the square headlights that are in the kit ARE correct for a late 78 and 79 model, the round were early 78 and prior years, and only early 78 with the kit's grille. The grille that Dave (towman1271) has a pic of is a 77 and prior grille. 

Just to clarify- the round headlights weren't early '78. The Custom (base model) used round headlights that year, while the XLT Ranger used rectangular lights. That was for the full model year. All '79's had rectangular lights regardless of trim level. 

• 4 weeks later...

The grill pictured is for 76-77. The 73 -75 had different centers. They had the round headlights, but no bezel (square) arond them. the center went all the way to the light itself. the square headlights were used on the 78-79 years. I had a 73 Highboy (4x4, 3/4 ton) that I partially restored.

• 5 months later...