Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trabant "Wiener Wagon" gasser!

bonehead23

Here's a  peek at my Trabant gasser . I used a Mustang AWB drag car for the chassis, shortened in the middle, narrowed and the overhang cut off...and by George the chassis and 427 cammer FIT into this body. I am anxious to proceed and get this one done.

SANY0009.JPG

Edited by bonehead23

Great concept! How's the fit on the headers with the shortened chassis?

If you don't have a name picked out for it yet, looking at the wheelbase, how about "Squirrel"? :lol:

I will have to make them, out of 1/16 solder. The kit headers, as you might guess, will not fit. But there's just enough room to fabricate a set.

I saw some "Short & Shaky" decals on ebay that would work I think. : )

Since it is German in origin, I found some "Weiner Wagon" decals that might work. They are from the Hot Dogger, along with the flaming "dog Gone" decals too. Just a thought.

Surprisimgly emough, the kit exhaust fit fine. The chassis was shortened in the rear, so the front  section was not altered. I was not looking forward to making the headers. This works fine. I made some wheelie bars from  scrap parts.

SANY0004.JPG

SANY0005.JPG