Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carl Casper`s : Phonebooth: "On the Workbench" 7-11-16 FINISHED PICTURES POSTED 9/9/16 IN THE "UNDER GLASS" SECTION

John Teresi

What did you use for the beading on the fenders and how did you attach it?

Also... you never answered my question about Pro Tech.

Hi Harry..........no,I pay for the for the "Pro Tech" parts I use......I just like to use them and share with everybody what the parts can do to make your build look better.......as for the beading ,I used .020 (0.50) rod and I attached it with The Original Super Glue with the red cap.......thanks

Hi Harry..........no,I pay for the for the "Pro Tech" parts I use......I just like to use them and share with everybody what the parts can do to make your build look better.......as for the beading ,I used .020 (0.50) rod and I attached it with The Original Super Glue with the red cap.......thanks

How do you keep from glueing your fingers to the beading???:o

How do you keep from glueing your fingers to the beading???:o

Hi Curt......actually it`s pretty easy........I hold the rod in one hand.......I apply a tad of super glue with a toothpick  about 1/4 of an inch of underneat the rod......then attach it to the body with a clean toothpick.....I let it dry for a few secounds and inch may around the body with the same procedure.......thanks buddy:)

Haven't posted here in a little while but man o' man, that's shaping up beautifully John.  LIke the way you did the trim and the detailing of the engine.  Oh, and the hinges on the door.....and and and....cheers, tim

Hello......Doug,Chris,Tim Ray......thanks guys for the kind comments .....I really do appreciate them:)........I was lucky enough to get some 1:1 reference pictures from Mr.Carl Casper himself.......so that I can get the paint job close......I finished the body work and got it in primer.....fine sanded everything and layed down a white base coat and shot some H.O.K. Sunset Pearl......I am ready to start  airbrushing some graphics now......thanks for looking

Hello.......Richard,Chris ,Ray.........thanks guys for the kind comments.....I really do appreciate them:)......I started airbrushing the graphics.........I started with H.O.K. Kandy Apple Red with a few drops of H.O.K. black to get a little darker red........then I airbrushed some Lemon Yellow Alclad  over H.O.K. Orion Silver.......and some H.O.K. Kandy Pink over H.O.K. Orion Silver.......then I airbrushed the  Phone Booth inside panels H.O.K Pagan Gold over Orion Silver........I am 1/2 way done with the graphics I will finish them up tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I finished airbrushing round 2 of the graphics today ......I will airbrush round 3 of  the graphics tomorrow.......I should be able to a clear coat too......thanks for looking