Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carl Casper`s : Phonebooth: "On the Workbench" 7-11-16 FINISHED PICTURES POSTED 9/9/16 IN THE "UNDER GLASS" SECTION

John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......My friend Ken Cornett told me about some really thin white pin stripe tape that would be perfect for the stripping on this build......it`s called "Line O Tape" I used size .010 x120".......they have different sizes and colors ......I`m ready to clear coat the body and I should have the decals in a couple of days......thanks for looking

John, of all the fantastic skills you exhibit in your builds, I must admit my bias towards your painting skills.  I always look forward to the end of your builds when you get to the paint.  This one is no different.  Love it man.  cheers, tim

Another great build John.

I'm wondering about the tape thickness.

How will it lay out after you clear coat?

Oh and you are one of the best at fading those color shades.

Man what I would give to have half your talent.

Edited by grayghost

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them:).......I got my decals from Gary with GWS decals.....thank you Dave Ryberg and Gary for the collaboration on the decals........I got a clear coat over the whole body......I need to sand it down smooth one more time for a final coat of clear.....I also made some Besels for the gauges and used Slixx decal gauges.......I made some winshield wipers  ...........I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends for the Booth and a throttle linkage.....I got the glass instaled ,and attached the dash board, gas pedal, steering wheel,telephone and winshield wipers........I painted the diamond plate floor, dash board, foot gas pedal,  and steering wheel chrome Alaclad with a hand painted wood grain steering rim.....thanks for looking.

DSCF1895_zpsmthsp3pm.jpg

DSCF1893_zpsudlryog0.jpg

DSCF1896_zpsmicor4ux.jpg

DSCF1900_zpsoruz6z38.jpg

DSCF1903_zpseq48yvah.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Just amazing John.  Would I be correct that you cleared right over the white tape?

Hi Jim......yes,I put about 3 coats of clear to even out the tape......I will sand it smooth one more time and a add another coat of clear and it should look uniform......thanks

John.... Its about time you get us an update and its a Daymn Killer one!! Wow that clear made that paint totally pop. As well as all of that Gorgeous Alclad. You never disappoint.  Love all you have done to this so far. Nice work man!

Edited by Mooneyzs

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them:).......I got my decals from Gary with GWS decals.....thank you Dave Ryberg and Gary for the collaboration on the decals........I got a clear coat over the whole body......I need to sand it down smooth one more time for a final coat of clear.....I also made some Besels for the gauges and used Slixx decal gauges.......I made some winshield wipers  ...........I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends for the Booth and a throttle linkage.....I got the glass instaled ,and attached the dash board, gas pedal, steering wheel,telephone and winshield wipers........I painted the diamond plate floor, dash board, foot gas pedal,  and steering wheel chrome Alaclad with a hand painted wood grain steering rim.....thanks for looking.

DSCF1900_zpsoruz6z38.jpg

Dang John, Aces Full! Wonderin', how'd you make those Toggle Switchs??????