Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Plymouth gasser build thread

modelfink

• 2 weeks later...

Great work!

I am doing a '37 Chevy Stovebolt and also made a tube rear bumper.  The tube fills a dual purpose of push bar and can be filled with lead for ballast.

What did you use for rear tires?  My Stovebolt wouldn't need the wide slicks used for a blown V8.

Thanks. The rear slicks are Good Year Blue Streaks that came out of the AMT 51 Chevy kit.

The bumpers were threaded so they could add and remove weight to run in more than one class as well. 

Really like how you pulled this one off and you gave me encouragement to start mine. Thank you.

applause-1_zpselljg9zp.thumb.gif.877e28a

Bruce, its doing the same for me too! HEY, I KNOW you :P -From another forum!

Anyway, I'm gaining encouragement as well as inspiration to the one I am planning. (I have NEVER built a "Gasser" to date), not once! SO this will be a first for me, a Fictional one however, but a Gasser no less, from a '41 Plymouth!

Was it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQWLKpcg0w

The Car in the beginning of the thread belongs to Tony Turner. He runs it with the Southeast Gassers. If you can catch one of their races you totally should. Old school straight axle gassers. 

The name of the movie is Hot Rod and another version is called Rebel Road.But bought are the same movie.

Great build you killed this one.

Travis, ya did a fine job on this one!!!! So then, whats next on the bench for you?

Next up is a 32 Ford 5 window gasser. My first attempt at a polished paint job. Wish me luck! lol

You can see the build process so far here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoU7nzEBSxvHvXYIjRgp8g

Edited by modelfink