Model Cars Magazine Forum

NASCAR Inspired F150

Finally finished another model.  I think this makes three this year.  Used AMT F150 shortbed,

DSCN6319-vi.jpg

I used the custom bodywork and bumpers

DSCN6504-vi.jpg

For the interior, I used seats and center console from Lindberg F150.  Painted tan and brown

DSCN6499-vi.jpg

Used a Ford NASCAR engine, along with wheels and tires.  Along with a subtle flare to fenders to clear tires,

DSCN6502-vi.jpg

DSCN6451-vi.jpg

Painted body Duplicolor Grabber Green engine paint.  Stripped chrome from grill and tailgate trim and painted grey.

34494087134317-vi.jpg

15494094015482-vi.jpg21494094021989-vi.jpg41494093981178-vi.jpg33494094033881-vi.jpg

I like it. Yes, it may be true that your bodywork needs a little... well, work... B) but I do think that you're on the right track with the body modifications- I really like how the ground effects kit looks blended into the rockers rather than just glued on. That also makes the custom front bumper look better- everything just looks more integrated. If I'd have built it, I'd have left off the tailgate trim, but that's just me. 

All in all I think it's a pretty cool model- and you don't see a ton of ninth-gen F-150s done as customized models, so overall I'd say it's a winner. 

Yeah, this is a good one....Don't see this kit done much.....I like the body work.....Gotta start somewhere, Man.....I don't think I've ever even attempted something like that.....Looks pretty good to me.....Looks pretty cool with the ground effects blended in like that.....Great job....