Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resurrected a Daisy Dukes CJ Jeep "Dixie"!

So then, as you all can see, I got a LOT of detail into this build, and you all watched it come together, (I have to say all things considered) I am very pleased with it. Heres Daisy Duke's Jeep "Dixie" COMPLETED!!!!!!

And there ya have it....... a SAVED build from, start to finish..... (I have to say, its feels GREAT to have completed yet one more model, thats been in the works for over a year now, with a few issues and bumps along the way, but as said several times throughout the build this model was a glue bomb when I got it, and it was old...... SO I restored what was needed, replaced what was missing, and made it as close as I could to the real Dixie (Even tho it really isn't even close to the real one) I'm happy with it............ Enjoy!

Going to resurrect Daisy Dukes Jeep! COMPLETED 6-4-2016!!!

Looks pretty darned good, Man......Excellent work.....

Thank you. it was in fact, a lot of work.,... I bought it used and in need of serious work to "restore" it to the factory kit and begin all over again! -3 decal sheets later (they were 15 years old when I first attempted to use them), and got more and used some tricks to get them to not rip and tear being pulled from the water!

You can see the whole build and how it all happened over in the works in progress section, for trucks and SUV's....

Thanks guys!!!! LOL I'm not sure that 360/401 I put in it would "keep up with the General" but she can definitely supply the parts to keep the ole General going. LOL 

I intentionally did the Hemi in the back for a story as such. just to be able to super detail a motor like that!

It really was a trying build, but was fun at the same time! A LOT of broken or missing pieces and then others were just not right from the parts tree, and didn't go with her Jeep so, I either sat them aside for another build, OR used the part and re-manufactured it to be closer to what it should have had. (Like the Mirrors)

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Jesse,

With a LOT of work they can look good, I will tell ya tho, the thing isn't the Jeep Daisy was driving and its not even close! BUT it can be made (as you see mine) to look close and look good doing it...... With all the work I did, it still isn't as close as I'd would ave liked it to be but, Thats how the kit came and most the parts I had replaced, doesn't "take away" from it.....

Hope I sparked some new interest! (I myself, am trying to do the entire Dukes of Hazzard "Car Cast").....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...