Model Cars Magazine Forum

Full Coverage of the 37th NNL Nationals, with all builders identified and high-res pictures

tim boyd

Here's your virtual trip to the NNL Nationals held near Toledo, Ohio, USA on October 8, 2016.  Make sure to use the "roll" feature so you can see the identification of builders for every model shown, and other hopefully relevant commentary.  

Thanks for looking....TIM , 

As a teaser, here's a glimpse of Jim Drew's 1969 Brawner-Hawk in 1/25th scale...DSC 1018

Edited by tim boyd

thanx for posting great pics with builder info. (that's a lot of work)   :)

Mike, you've got that right.  Between posting and documenting, probably 5-6 hours of work, not to mention the time at the show to photograph and take down the info.  

Still...I strongly feel that 1) the builders deserve credit when pictures are posted and 2) in some ways, my preferred "table shots" provide a better sense of the overall event than the sterile "studio" style photography that is favored now for magazine event coverage. This is the style I used when I first started the modern-day event coverage format in Street Rodder in the early 1980's, and shortly thereafter in my event coverage in one of the major model magazines.  There's no doubt that the studio format provides better quality pictures overall, but something is also lost in that process.  

Accordingly, this is my way of backing up my views with action.  

Thanks for the feedback....much appreciated.  TIM

You're doing the hobby a Great service photographing and posting these pictures.Not everyone can attend the show and these "like I was there"quality pix help everyone enjoy the show.I personally always see models I somehow completely missed and find details previously unseen.Thanks for all you do for the common hobby we all love.