Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 '69 Z-28 Photos Re-Posted

Flynlo

During a move the outside mirror and antenna have dissapeared but here is the rest:IMG_1469E.jpg

IMG_1462E.jpg
There are 13 different shades of "black" in this one.IMG_1463E.jpg

IMG_1465E.jpg

IMG_1467E.jpg

IMG_1483E.jpg

IMG_1468E.jpg

IMG_1471E.jpg

IMG_1472E.jpg

IMG_1473E.jpg

IMG_1475E.jpgIMG_1478E.jpg

Multi-generation family portrait:IMG_1476E.jpg

IMG_1464E.jpg

Edited by Flynlo
re-posted photos

Are those the kit tires?  They look really skinny.

Yes, they are the kit tires for the stock option.

By the way, the stripes are painted centers with the pinstripe from the kit decals.

Also the rocker panels at the extreme edges of the chassis should be body colored as it should actually be contiguous with the body but the way it is molded, painting it only highlights that it is molded as a seperate part.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, the stripes are painted centers with the pinstripe from the kit decals.

I was wondering how you managed to stripe the vent in the cowl. I built the Foose version of this kit (I posted pics in a thread last night) and they included a decal to cover this area. I couldn't figure out how you could possibly get the decal down into the individual vent openings even if you were to use micro sol (which I didn't know about at the time). I ended up cutting the decal so it didn't cover the cowl. It looks ok but not like it should.

I think your version is cooler than mine. Much cleaner with some nice detail work.

I was wondering how you managed to stripe the vent in the cowl. I built the Foose version of this kit (I posted pics in a thread last night) and they included a decal to cover this area. I couldn't figure out how you could possibly get the decal down into the individual vent openings even if you were to use micro sol (which I didn't know about at the time). I ended up cutting the decal so it didn't cover the cowl. It looks ok but not like it should.

I think your version is cooler than mine. Much cleaner with some nice detail work.

Thanks!

The rallye stripes don't lay down well over the cowl induction hood. This is why I ended up painting them.  Was this a problem in the Foose version as well?

Edited by Flynlo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...