Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 AHM/Nakamura Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpione

They did some nice, rare, obscure stuff. I need that showcar. Did you get that on bay? just looked, nice deal if it's vendor I saw. 

They did a Porsche 910 that isn't good at all, a BMW Turbo showcar that seems off scale and a bit clunky but still sit in the pile. I think they did a Lambo Marzal, Bandai did Espada in 1/20.

Just saw their C111 MB, its the AWFUL Arii/Otaki thing. How could they do the Abarth and that thing...:(  

They did some nice, rare, obscure stuff. I need that showcar. Did you get that on bay? just looked, nice deal if it's vendor I saw. 

Well, it was not too bad but I just wanted the car, soo awesome.

They did a Porsche 910 that isn't good at all, a BMW Turbo showcar that seems off scale and a bit clunky but still sit in the pile. I think they did a Lambo Marzal, Bandai did Espada in 1/20.

Just saw their C111 MB, its the AWFUL Arii/Otaki thing. How could they do the Abarth and that thing...:(  

That's a good question.  I'm just happy the Nakamura Scorpione looked pretty darn close to the real thing.

• 3 years later...
On 12/26/2016 at 10:31 PM, aurfalien said:

Well, it was not too bad but I just wanted the car, soo awesome.

That's a good question.  I'm just happy the Nakamura Scorpione looked pretty darn close to the real thing.

Just happened incidentially to see your post - I have won this one, too - a few years ago at a fair price on ebay:  the tires are junk, the interior leaves a lot to be desired, but the engine looks like it came from a diesel locomotive (obviously it was made that big to hide an electric engine, which was very often the case with Japanese kits 50 years ago - remember, they were made for playing, so perfect proportions were secondary.)

But anyway, I think with some work, a rather good representation can be made: the light bar on the front is rounded which was exactly the prototype at its debut in 1969. Later it has been changed and is totally straight (most pics on the Internet show the actual, restored car). Also the wheels look quite good - only the tires need replacement.

All in all, the kit is surely workable - I had a 1/24 Nakamura Lola T70 Mk III which was a bad joke and I sold it very soon (clumsy and distorted - a caricature of this racer)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 9:29 PM, aurfalien said:

Got this GEM and am stoked for it to be my first build of 2017;

fiat-abarth-2000-scorpio-title.jpg

Looking to improve the engine bay and other things.

What a beauty!

Hello Brian,

I just happened to find a youtube video showing the engine and also for a few seconds the black leather interior; extra bonus: engine sound!!!

• 3 months later...