Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW 635 csi Jagermeister-update 3/22 decals and window trim

935k3

Been working on this one a little while now. Body is TS-12 Orange. Wheel centers are Alclad Pale Gold. I cutoff the molded plastic hose and detailed the fire extinguisher with my own hose and cone with a clamp. I made the pull ring and my own decal. The roll cage is painted with TS-30 Silver Leaf and Spaztix chrome over top.

Dscf8236.jpg

Dscf8250.jpg

Dscf8248.jpg

Dscf8244.jpg

Dscf8242.jpg

Dscf8235.jpg

151791-10911-pristine.jpg

Dscf8252.jpg

Edited by 935k3

Dale-- Tamiya seems to be trying to put one over us with that alternator location, which should be much closer to the intake manifold and water pump IIRC. You can fake it with a flat piece of styrene and still make a better-looking flange than BMW themselves did with the early renditions of the m30.  Nice job on that wiring loom by the way. 

m30 alternator bracket.JPG

Edited by zak78
compliment

I had to tone down the chrome it was too bright for a race car. I airbrushed Testor's Semi-Gloss Lacquer. The kit has no tire decals. I used some spares I got from Tamiya America.  I will have to make some Dunlop decals  for the body.

Dscf8315.jpg

This is awesome. I have the Monogram 635 and I need to dig it out. I just found inspiration the other day in Austin traffic.The guy in front of me had one that had been lowered with vintage BBS wires and it looked like he had thrown some German tuner body bits on it. It was in primer like he was getting ready to paint. It looked like a fairly young kid driving. I wanted to get pictures, but I also wanted to not get into any wrecks, so...

Edited by oldcarfan
Forgot stuff