Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2015 Ford Mustang

Funkychiken

So I wanted to complete an easy kit, to start getting through the stash - which keeps growing, and gives lots of ammunition to the better half, who keeps pointing out that I "can't take them with me". I bit premature to be saying that, but I'm sure I will not get the time to run through them all...

Anyway, I was not happy with the interior, and started to hack it up. Wishing I didn't now, but will try and follow through and get this completed within 3 months....

20170305_174414.jpg

Box Art.jpg

• 6 years later...

I've primered with Zero grey, several coats and light sanding with Tamiya 1500

then 3 coats of Zero Pagini Red

then 2 coats of Zero Smoke (transparent black)

then 1 mist, and 1 wet coat of Zero 2K diamond clear.

It's probably my best finish yet, but far from flawless... a bit of dust & pitting on the bonnet, will need to be sanded 

20230702_222304.jpg

20230702_222306.jpg

20230702_222313.jpg

20230702_222320.jpg

20230702_222322.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

i've only spreayed the chassis (its a flat undercariage - but I painted it because the front lip and side edges show.

(not pictured) and also completed the wheels

Alclad II Aluminium with a coating of Zero Clear 1K.

they look better now than they did in black...

20230730_210041.jpg

20230730_210047.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 3:42 PM, mustang1989 said:

Got anything on this one Atin?

Thank you a for the comments and interest...!

I started to prep the body shell for trim, but ended up scraching the body - had to do another round of sanding and polising on a body panel.

I've primered the dash, steering wheel, grills and tail lamp body panel, then given them a few coats of tamiya X-18.

i'me going to add a little detail to the dash.

What I'm worried about at the moment is how to do the tail lights. I'm probably going to mask & spray silver base then clear red... its going to take time. in the meantime, i need to try to dave the interior.

20230805_214805.jpg

20230805_214830.jpg

20230805_214910.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good take on the tail lights Atin. I've used BMF Chrome for tail lights in the past with some Clear Red over that and it seemed to work out pretty well. 

Looking forward to seeing the details on that dash. One thing that I do on gauges is to drill the gauges out and put the decals onto a placard from the rear of the IP. Here's my 1970 Camaro dash to illustrate my point. It adds just that layer of added depth to the panel. 

PY6LvF.jpg

ZaKmvO.jpg

Edited by mustang1989
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 4:17 PM, mustang1989 said:

That's a good take on the tail lights Atin. I've used BMF Chrome for tail lights in the past with some Clear Red over that and it seemed to work out pretty well. 

Looking forward to seeing the details on that dash. One thing that I do on gauges is to drill the gauges out and put the decals onto a placard from the rear of the IP. Here's my 1970 Camaro dash to illustrate my point. It adds just that layer of added depth to the panel. 

PY6LvF.jpg

That's a great Idea Joe, I will try that in the future, but not on this kit!