Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose Cadillac Body

On 2/25/2020 at 11:02 AM, sfhess said:

Snooze and lose.

I got one a while back.  Pulled a donor kit out of my stash and it has the infamous crushed windshield posts.  Looking for a proper Cadillac grille for my build.  The Pontiac bar just doesn't cut it. 

I'm planning on using the Cadillac grill from the Revell '48 Ford chopped coupe.

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 1:02 PM, sfhess said:

Snooze and lose.

I got one a while back.  Pulled a donor kit out of my stash and it has the infamous crushed windshield posts.  Looking for a proper Cadillac grille for my build.  The Pontiac bar just doesn't cut it. 

Proper Caddy Grille ? As in the one in the Early '48 Ford Kits ? I might have one if this would work fro you . I need to have it in my hand before I can say YES . That takes digging in the Archives . I don't do what he Revelle Instruction Sheets say :  "Landfill the leftover parts . " Thanx  

Edited by dimaxion
Spelling Errors

1 hour ago, dimaxion said:

Proper Caddy Grille ? As in the one in the Early '48 Ford Kits ? I might have one if this would work fro you . I need to have it in my hand before I can say YES . That takes digging in the Archives . I don't do what he Revelle Instruction Sheets say :  "Landfill the leftover parts . " Thanx  

Let me know if you find it.  Thanks.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:28 AM, avidinha said:

I'm planning on using the Cadillac grill from the Revell '48 Ford chopped coupe.

That kit is going for around $40 when you can find it. Seems a lot to pay for a grill. The kit can be built with the included '48 Olds grill but a '48 Ford is not on top of my list of cars to build. It would be nice if someone could resin cast or 3D print a proper Caddy grill.

Edited by Perspective Customs

• 3 years later...

I have a funny resin Cadillac body tale from my club, maybe 15 years ago. One guy in the club, no longer with us, was working on a '49 Caddy resin custom for about 8 months. Every meeting he brought it in to show progress. 

Fast forward to our annual show, he brings the finished Cadillac. Another guy in the club also brings a resin-body Caddy custom. It beat the 8-month project in the customs class. I had never seen the 2nd car prior to the show and I asked the builder about it. He just shrugs and says he built it in 3 weeks and had it done just before the show.