Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next Tamiya 1/24 car is...

BVC500

It could either way, they have done both ,  I am just guessing, but probably curbside with a decent detail.

Jonathan is probably right. I'd love a full detail engine, but I dont have my hopes up. It will likely be a curbside with very nice detail and a great interior. And my guess is they will have a supplemental PE set and maybe, fingers crossed, a carbon fibre sheet too, like with the FXX/K models. Here's hoping.

I for one am extremely happy about this kit. I'm a huge GT race car fan, just spent the weekend watching the GT3's tear up Spa for 24hrs, so another GT kit to add to the sables is awesome. It should look good with the BMW M6 GT3 from Platz, if they ever release it. Latest update I got from HobbySearch on my pre-order is Sept now. That'll be 11 months from the original expect release date...if they dont hurry the new BMW M8 GT3 car will be competing at the tracks before they get it on the shelves.

With Profil 24 now working on the Labre Competition C7-R art car from Le Mans this year and the Ford GT already done, its been a good year for GT racers. I'd also like to see a McLaren 650 GT3 and a newer Audi R8 GT3, a Aston Martin Vantage would be nice too, but its at the end of its life span and a new car is suppose to be coming next year. 

Labre C7-R.....yummy

lemans-larbre-competition-livery-unveil-

Edited by Jhedir6

The kit will be good for the aftermarket as well. I'm still surprised that no company has done the mclaren p1 street car. Still will be a curbside kit . 

There is one, not counting diecast. Airfix did a quick build lego style kit that is pretty close to 1/24 scale, not exact but really close. If you take their kit and add in wheels/tires from the Motormax diecast you can get a really nice curbside kit.

This one was done by David Thibodeau. Looks really good.

McLarenP1DT_zpszifojfua.jpg

It should look good with the BMW M6 GT3 from Platz, if they ever release it. Latest update I got from HobbySearch on my pre-order is Sept now. That'll be 11 months from the original expect release date...if they dont hurry the new BMW M8 GT3 car will be competing at the tracks before they get it on the shelves. 

Except that the M8 is a GTE class car, not a GT3 class car.  GTE isn't a class in Blancpain Endurance (or ADAC, Italian GT, Super GT, et al), but for the FIA World Endurance Series and IMSA.  The M6 will be getting an "Evo" body kit for 2018, which will end up making the NuNu Hobby kit a "body style" too late, however I'm sure there will be decal support for the '16/'17 seasons, and if it sells well enough perhaps they'll make the M6 EVO as the follow on kit.  Regardless the M8 isn't replacing the M6, it's supplementing it in a different racing class/series.

“The BMW M6 GT3 will remain the flagship in the BMW customer racing product range and our top model for the prestigious 24-hour races at the Nürburgring and Spa-Francorchamps in 2018 and beyond,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “We are working on an Evo package, to provide our customer racing teams with an even better car. The latest tests at the Lausitzring showed that we have made a big step forward, particularly in terms of driveability.” 

I hope the Japan release is sooner :).  There is no mention of engine detail on the box art, but I will buy several anyway - hopefully someone will produce decals for this version, driven in the GT International Open series.  The car looks great in this colour.

gt-open-spielberg-2016-19-lechner-racing

I hope the Japan release is sooner :).  There is no mention of engine detail on the box art, but I will buy several anyway - hopefully someone will produce decals for this version, driven in the GT International Open series.  The car looks great in this colour.

Paul buddy, that is the Japan release date.

i don't like the headlights they've chosen to replicate. The headlights on the show/press car and the green car are better looking.i agree

LOL, then paint them green with clear green paint

I agree the headlights in the photos of the actual car are much better looking than the ones shown on the box art and it more than just the color of the headlight lens. 

Edited by cmfowler

I agree the headlights in the photos of the actual car are much better looking than the ones shown on the box art and it more than just the color of the headlight lens. 

Its also box art,  I am not going to judge anything about the kit till I see it , that is just a waste of time.  We should know next , hopefully it will be on display at the ALL Japan Toy And Hobby Show.

Edited by martinfan5

Are we seriously critiquing a kit based on a drawing on the box top now? In that case every Fujimi kit should be FABULOUS! I suspect once we get to see actual..ya know...parts, the headlights will be the ones most people are expecting since that's what the R/C car has, and I suspect a great deal of this kit is just going to be "scaled down" to 1/24 particularly the body and outside pieces. 

Edited by niteowl7710

I just hope the next kit is the Acura gt3..... 

While I wouldn't object, I'm not sure there's enough teams running it right now to justify it. Tamiya will sell one of these to a lot of people, and mass quantities to people who want to build multiples. There are already 8 decal sheets (possibly more I haven't checked Patto's Place lately) for this car already done. Studio27 ended up doing something like 35 sheets of decals over the SLS AMG's career span, not to mention the other small guys. 

From a sales prospective the Ferrari 488, Audi R8 & Lamborghini Huracan GT3 cars offer a great deal more options for long term continued sales to the decal hoarders. 

Edited by niteowl7710

There are already 8 decal sheets (possibly more I haven't checked Patto's Place lately) for this car already done. Studio27 ended up doing something like 35 sheets of decals over the SLS AMG's career span, not to mention the other small guys. 

Racing decals 43 may be doing some also. They did a number of sheets for the SLS

Edited by T-bone