Model Cars Magazine Forum

Great model for a great price.

Geno

On 8/29/2018 at 9:18 AM, randyc said:

That 69 on the FG website will be on the birthday list for next week.   lol   Don't tell anyone.   69s are hard to find!  Watched a JL yellow version.  Missed out on it.  The FG will be nice even with the scant Marathon markings.   I work for a company that does convenience store renovations and I am working on several Marathon stores now.  So I'll leave the Marathon on it.   Marathon helped buy it after all.  

May see if the ride height can be adjusted though.  

You'll like it Randy, The only qualm I have with the JL car is that they blew it on the tail lights, they look like the one's from the AMT kit which is nowhere close to what '69 Chevelle tail lights look like.

21 hours ago, Geno said:

You'll like it Randy, The only qualm I have with the JL car is that they blew it on the tail lights, they look like the one's from the AMT kit which is nowhere close to what '69 Chevelle tail lights look like.

I have looked up the JL and saw the taillights.   But I did see a really tight photo that looks like the chrome bezel is in the diecast.  I was thinking I might be able to foil that and work on the actual lenses.   And I am not familiar enough with the real ones to know how bad the AMT ones were.  I've seen lots of criticism on those over the years.  Because that kit was converted from the 68.  Idk.  If it gets close, I'm okay with things.   I let a lot of things slide that many won't.  Not to say I think a Palmer is acceptable... LOL.   Just that I can live with things that some modelers get upset about.  But yes the JL has put me off in the past just for the taillights.

1 hour ago, randyc said:

I have looked up the JL and saw the taillights.   But I did see a really tight photo that looks like the chrome bezel is in the diecast.  I was thinking I might be able to foil that and work on the actual lenses.   And I am not familiar enough with the real ones to know how bad the AMT ones were.  I've seen lots of criticism on those over the years.  Because that kit was converted from the 68.  Idk.  If it gets close, I'm okay with things.   I let a lot of things slide that many won't.  Not to say I think a Palmer is acceptable... LOL.   Just that I can live with things that some modelers get upset about.  But yes the JL has put me off in the past just for the taillights.

I hear ya my friend LOL, the FG car is a real beauty though.;):)

• 4 years later...
On 8/15/2017 at 4:49 PM, Arjay 396 said:

Based on Chevrolet's published dimensions for the 1969 Chevelle, First Gear's replica is indeed 1/25th scale.  I have several of these models and while excellent in most respects, the car is in *serious* need of a ride-height adjustment.  The stance is fine but it's too high overall.  Corporate logos can be removed from the windows of promo editions by gentle sanding and polishing with Novus or Bare Metal Compound.  Here's two Fathom Green versions, one of them tuned up via a set of Fred Cady side stripes......

DSCN1228AA.JPG

DSCN1227AA.JPG

I've been looking for one of these--a First Geat '69 Chevelle in Fathom Green--since first seeing this post on August 15, 2017. Last night I FINALLY scored one on eBay! :D Should be here by the end of the week. Happy Happy Joy Joy! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 9:53 PM, Snake45 said:

I've been looking for one of these--a First Geat '69 Chevelle in Fathom Green--since first seeing this post on August 15, 2017. Last night I FINALLY scored one on eBay! :D Should be here by the end of the week. Happy Happy Joy Joy! 

Fantastic Rich, enjoy buddy. It's a great model.

• Thanks 1