Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto Quiz 339 - FINISHED

whenever I play this game, I always find so many cars I would like to own/drive/customize.  :)

this one has possibilities...

This would be great fun with modern suspension, brakes, an LS (or modern 4 or 6 cylinder high-output engine) set back behind the front axle centerline, and about 250 pounds taken out up high. Tuck wide rubber under the fenders to keep the stocker look, and muffle it down to a whisper.

This would be great fun with modern suspension, brakes, an LS (or modern 4 or 6 cylinder high-output engine) set back behind the front axle centerline, and about 250 pounds taken out up high. Tuck wide rubber under the fenders to keep the stocker look, and muffle it down to a whisper.

Please don't do this to this kind of car. It Looks much better if it is not modified ^_^

Please don't do this to this kind of car. It Looks much better if it is not modified ^_^

I understand your point of view, and I agree for the most part; I'd never dream of doing something like that to a clean or decent restorable example.

HOWEVER...there are surely examples of this vehicle out there that are beyond any hope of economically feasible restoration to stock condition. I would consider such cars as candidates for heavy modification, rather than simply sending them to the crusher.

For instance, we currently have in the shop a Jag MkII that is just too far gone to be cost-effective to restore it. BUT, there's plenty there to make a Jag-based hot rod. NOT a rat, but an upgraded high-performance car that LOOKS like a Jag MkII...and goes, stops and handles like a Corvette C5.

I understand your point of view, and I agree for the most part; I'd never dream of doing something like that to a clean or decent restorable example.

HOWEVER...there are surely examples of this vehicle out there that are beyond any hope of economically feasible restoration to stock condition. I would consider such cars as candidates for heavy modification, rather than simply sending them to the crusher.

For instance, we currently have in the shop a Jag MkII that is just too far gone to be cost-effective to restore it. BUT, there's plenty there to make a Jag-based hot rod. NOT a rat, but an upgraded high-performance car that LOOKS like a Jag MkII...and goes, stops and handles like a Corvette C5.

I've always thought the mk2 would look good 2 doored and chopped. I hope you will share some pics of the progress if you are permitted by the owners. Here in the uk folk seem to go nuts if you want to cut one up though the designer for jaguar has well modded one that was in the mags a couple years ago.