Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Chevelle

bbowser

Quickie build.  I've always preferred the '68-69 to the '70.  Box stock, typical vintage AMT kit had fit issues.  Only thing I added from the parts box, a voice in the back of my head kept saying "rearview mirror".

Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

DSCN3169.JPG

DSCN3167.JPG

DSCN3171.JPG

DSCN3173.JPG

DSCN3174.JPG

DSCN3175.JPG

Very nice straight from the box build. I agree with you on the rear view mirror, you don't notice it until you see one with it. The only thing I would suggest has to do with the front bumper. You've got perfect looking parking lamps, but the area where they are mounted is open on the 1:1 car. A little flat black paint in the indentation area of the bumper will give it a lot more depth.  

Very nice straight from the box build. I agree with you on the rear view mirror, you don't notice it until you see one with it. The only thing I would suggest has to do with the front bumper. You've got perfect looking parking lamps, but the area where they are mounted is open on the 1:1 car. A little flat black paint in the indentation area of the bumper will give it a lot more depth.  

Great point, I missed that completely.  Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments.

Gotta love a red Chevelle! May I ask what shade of red that is?

I've had one of these on the bench for soooo long; still fight it when I have a few spare moments...

Rustoleum Gloss Colonial Red.  I like that it's red, but not "in your face look at me" red.