Model Cars Magazine Forum

Letter to all members from Sfangoch

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Just received my $20 Azpen tablet delivered by USPS. To my door. :P  Now, I can get some posting done!

Self righteous? Nope, just using street smarts daddio. P.O. boxes are typically used by individuals perpetrating scams. If you want to be precise, you weren't scammed by the guy since he paid for the decals. What he did afterward sucked; but, that is beyond your control.

We do not have street addresses here, they did give us what they cal 911 address but UPS. FedEx and USPS say the addresses do not exist.  So it is REALLY frustrating when companies will not sell to you and statements that make it seem like every PO Box user is some scammer.  

Stopped by the Post Office they can’t do anything and it turned into local law office but with the border in between there is little they can do. Not even sure if his addy is a legit addy at this point!!

would like to see him blocked from the site as he’s obviously hosing people but he still comes on and is allowed to troll through here like it’s no big deal... Him along with SBM!!!!

Anybody in Winnipeg???

Edited by DrKerry

On 12/1/2017 at 1:08 PM, SfanGoch said:

Just received my $20 Azpen tablet delivered by USPS. To my door. :P  Now, I can get some posting done!

Self righteous? Nope, just using street smarts daddio. P.O. boxes are typically used by individuals perpetrating scams. If you want to be precise, you weren't scammed by the guy since he paid for the decals. What he did afterward sucked; but, that is beyond your control.

Though I don't have a dog in whatever fight is going on, I do have a dog in the fight about the accusations that PO Boxes are typically used by scammers. Unlike a couple others that have posted that their ONLY option to receive mail or packages are PO Boxes, I DO have a street address AND a PO Box. WHY??? I prefer my packages to be delivered where I KNOW THEY WILL BE SAFE AND NOT SPROUT LEGS AND WALK AWAY!!  If you didn't know, those boxes cost money to have, and I pay $76 a year for the small insurance to know my packages will be safe until I pick them up and not sitting out in the weather to get rained or snowed on if I'm not home when they are delivered, because I have much more to do in life than sit around and wait for the mailman to knock on my door. 

mine costs about the same and since it's a central post office, I get UPS, FedX and any other packages. usually the packages are put in a locker and the key tossed into my PO Box. and the lobby/ box access is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. for less than $99 dollars a year, I consider it a bargain.

3 hours ago, highway said:

Though I don't have a dog in whatever fight is going on, I do have a dog in the fight about the accusations that PO Boxes are typically used by scammers. Unlike a couple others that have posted that their ONLY option to receive mail or packages are PO Boxes, I DO have a street address AND a PO Box. WHY??? I prefer my packages to be delivered where I KNOW THEY WILL BE SAFE AND NOT SPROUT LEGS AND WALK AWAY!!  If you didn't know, those boxes cost money to have, and I pay $76 a year for the small insurance to know my packages will be safe until I pick them up and not sitting out in the weather to get rained or snowed on if I'm not home when they are delivered, because I have much more to do in life than sit around and wait for the mailman to knock on my door. 

P.O. boxes cost money.....no kidding. Of course I know. I don't live on Tobacco Road. Check the statistics on mail fraud. P.O. boxes are typically used as drop-offs by and for con artists and other species of scammers.

I don't need to worry about when a package is delivered, wait at home for the mail carrier to arrive or if my stuff was dumped on the stoop so some skell can get a five finger discount. The carriers here won't/can't do that, especially if a signature is required. Besides, the lobby man in my building accepts all incoming parcels and secures them in a package cage until a tenant stops by the front desk to retrieve their items. Despite all of the wisecracks made about NYC, it sure is swell to live in a place where civilization, and all of the expected services, exist. :P

Edited by SfanGoch

• Xingu locked this topic