Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Falcon Futura

unclescott58

Very nice stock  build. A little extra detailing in the future would really make this a standout. I built one of these when the kit was first issued. Went with the Drag Race parts and opened up the rear wheel wells. After seeing this I think I may just dig it out of the Old Model Boxes in the basement and give it a do over.

1 hour ago, espo said:

Very nice stock  build. A little extra detailing in the future would really make this a standout. I built one of these when the kit was first issued. Went with the Drag Race parts and opened up the rear wheel wells. After seeing this I think I may just dig it out of the Old Model Boxes in the basement and give it a do over.

Kinda like this? 

69Falcon1.JPG.515287786e46ef15be9084bc9db4b9f6.JPG

69Falcon2.JPG.193814e69ed2524096807bb74f3aba3e.JPG

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Kinda like this? 

69Falcon1.JPG.515287786e46ef15be9084bc9db4b9f6.JPG

69Falcon2.JPG.193814e69ed2524096807bb74f3aba3e.JPG

The kit included some flairs for the rear quarter panels and I used those. I think the hood just has a hole in it and the body is sprayed White. I do like the Purple Haze theme it fits well with the time.

First, I'm amazed by all of the interest this kit has generated here. Thank you for all the kind comments by the way. As far as chrome foil and black washing grilles. You'll rarely see that on any of my builds. I like my models clean and simple looking. Almost promo like. Sorry guys. I will do both. But again, rarely.