Model Cars Magazine Forum

Broke Back

mredjr

My thoughts and prayers are with you.                I got steel plates in my back , neck and  feet,,,, Oh lord I can tell when the weather chances before it happens , get shots every month, pills every day,   still have humor, entered a snail race,, and I lost... 

7 hours ago, Xingu said:

Do what the doctors tell you. I broke 2 vertebrae and did not know it for about 10 years, until I lost the feeling in my legs. I now go for surgery about every 5 years or so.

I'm not trying to be insulting with this question because I had a compression fracture to my L1 in Dec 2011, but how could you not know for 10 years?? I walked around for a month not knowing I broke mine before I finally went to the hospital, and the only reason I did go to the hospital was because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. 

5 hours ago, rel14 said:

My thoughts and prayers are with you.                I got steel plates in my back , neck and  feet,,,, Oh lord I can tell when the weather chances before it happens , get shots every month, pills every day,   still have humor, entered a snail race,, and I lost... 

I know that feeling well Randy.    Elvin...I hope you have a speedy well recovery my friend.  I had a broken lower back and neck..sternum etc. from my car accident in 96....hang in there. 

4 hours ago, highway said:

I'm not trying to be insulting with this question because I had a compression fracture to my L1 in Dec 2011, but how could you not know for 10 years?? I walked around for a month not knowing I broke mine before I finally went to the hospital, and the only reason I did go to the hospital was because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. 

Unfortunately, I am good at dealing with bad pain. I can put it out of my mind for some reason. Mine were also compression fractures. After about 30 seconds of rolling around on the ground in pain, I was able to stand up and walk around. It felt better everyday after that, so I never went to the doctor. Every now and then it would just feel like it was a deep bruise that would never completely go away. The same thing happened with my shoulder, torn labrum and didn't find out until years later. I am absolutely paying the price for not going to the doctor when the injuries occurred. My body now reminds me it was injured every morning.

On the flip side, I cannot handle the small cuts and scrapes. I will complain about a paper cut for days.