Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Caddy with 24" - The Blue Whale

Reuhkapelti

This Caddy is a quick build after seeing some videos of full size cars with full size wheels in Youtube. 

The interior was light brown when I bought this project model, then I painted it black. It didnt look good, so before the paint had dried well, I sprayed some matte white on the seats and managed to get lots of wrinkles. Now it looks like the leather has some tears and is dried under the sun. 

I added some chrome trims here and there and also those nasty sidepipes to left and right.

IMG_20180304_164842.jpg

IMG_20180304_164206.jpg

IMG_20180304_164141.jpg

IMG_20180304_164347.jpg

IMG_20180304_164743.jpg

IMG_20180304_164707.jpg

IMG_20180304_164459.jpg

• Like 1

Thats real sweet. Love the mexican blankets and the leather seats, never seen that done before. What are the wheels & tyres from ?

Ive had one of these Caddys that I got in a bunch of stuff years back & never really gave it a look. Your build has definatly inspired me.

Thanks everybody! I think those wheels and tyres came from a pos. Chevy Van, that had some wierd battery operated chassis, that could go up and down like it had hydraulics in it. I tested it a few times and then the battery went dead everytime. 

Those cracks in the leather seats was really just pure luck, too many coats of paint too soon after ea h other and thats the lucky result.