Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

One of more recent build. I found this kit on eBay for a great price (both rear door panels are missing) but I couldn’t refuse. 

Its pained model master emeral green metallic spray can with a testors high gloss enamel clear coat spray can. The interior is just flat black and wheels bare metal aluminum spray from Tamiya. Opinions??

7AF6D4D0-2927-4DE4-A5A6-F9E48B1295A4.jpeg

A29161B2-8938-4B05-A3EB-2D03273DF8E0.png

BCDBC604-3811-4E68-8558-EAA1AB14EB4C.png

812DE2D5-FF56-4E0A-86E9-919AFB0CA745.png

First one I've seen built  and yours looks great !  I was thinking just the other day about trying to find this kit . IMG_0451.thumb.JPG.53a0b03004ac0c139a7d571e4c8ce764.JPGI'm a jeep fan myself here is my current daily driverI'm a jeep fan myself here is my current daily driver

1 hour ago, Hmann68 said:

First one I've seen built  and yours looks great !  I was thinking just the other day about trying to find this kit . IMG_0451.thumb.JPG.53a0b03004ac0c139a7d571e4c8ce764.JPGI'm a jeep fan myself here is my current daily driverI'm a jeep fan myself here is my current daily driver

Yup I'm a huge Jeep fan too.This is my 2000 Cherokee.Also a daily driver.It has a 6,1/2 inch lift ,running on 35s. 

IMG_0058.JPG

Nice build. I bought this kit back in the 90s but have never built it.  I've had two 1:1 Grand Cherokees--a 2000 Laredo that I put 170k miles on, and a '14 Limited that I bought one year ago today.   Alas, no kits of the later generations of Grand Cherokees have been made, though I do have some die cast. 

IMG-1822.JPG

IMG-1844.JPG

48 minutes ago, Hmann68 said:

Nice jeeps boys! Like your XJ Ron, mine is an 01 with 190,000 on her now, still uses no oil! Wish someone would have made an XJ kit, would love to have one

Thank you very much.I love the XJs.To me,they were the best Jeep vehicles ever made.Also,didn't Lindberg make a 1/20th scale Grand Cherokee?I seem to remember that model being out a long time ago.

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Thank you very much.I love the XJs.To me,they were the best Jeep vehicles ever made.Also,didn't Lindberg make a 1/20th scale Grand Cherokee?I seem to remember that model being out a long time ago.

If they did I sure dont remember it

14 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Nice jeeps boys! Like your XJ Ron, mine is an 01 with 190,000 on her now, still uses no oil! Wish someone would have made an XJ kit, would love to have one

Even though this one I have is a diecast and not a kit  I thought I might mention it.

its in 1:18 and have opening doors and trunk.

ED5396AAE6477291C31EE605E86A43-vi.jpg

06A36251584EDBA5348BA8ED21C9C2-vi.jpg

43 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

And may I ask,where you got this Cherokee?Very cool Diecast.

I bought it on eBay, there made in China.

This is the ”cheaper” version, there’s an fancier edition with chrome grille and a bunch of other nice details but it costs a lot more. There’s an European manufacturer called Otto that also offers a version (“Limited” version) but its curbside without opening doors and engine. 

They aren’t that rare so u should be able to get one for a good price.

Edited by Pace

1 hour ago, Pace said:

I bought it on eBay, there made in China.

This is the ”cheaper” version, there’s an fancier edition with chrome grille and a bunch of other nice details but it costs a lot more. There’s an European manufacturer called Otto that also offers a version (“Limited” version) but its curbside without opening doors and engine. 

They aren’t that rare so u should be able to get one for a good price.

Thanks,I looked them up...Only problem is,that they are not cheap.But I still may buy one..Johnny Lighting made some pretty cool little Cherokees.In fact the silver one looks a lot like mine.I think I'm going to pick up an RC Cherokee from a LHS,that's on sale.

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

3 hours ago, ATHU said:

Nice work!!

U know ur right,this posting is about Dave's really well built Grand Cherokee.Sorry,I guess it got off the subject a bit.But I still wish one of the model companies would make a Cherokee Sport kit.Like I said,stock,and lifted,a 2in1 kit.They would fly off the shelf.