Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super clean olds

ash74

Hello All

I am hoping someone can help me? I have Larry Morgan's Super clean old's pro-stock. The instructions call for the body to be dark blue, but the picture on the box looks to purple. I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on the colour? Thanks

Ash

I went looking for actual pictures of the car on the web. I only found one of the actual car which is also used for the box art. Definitely a purple with strong magenta tones. The mistake may be a carry over from the mold also being used for the Warren Johnson GM Performance Parts Olds which was dark blue.

I know color, its what I do. I took Jesse's top picture and color corrected it (asphalt is typically a pretty good neutral gray).  While there are many shades of white buildings, asphalt is pretty consistent world wide. I've attached a color corrected image. The car is dead on purple. While the age of this photo is such it was shot on film, and film can distort color much more so than modern digital cameras, this car is unmistakably purple. The directions are in error.

15258679_207071469701137_8165680428330516480_n.jpg

6 hours ago, iBorg said:

I know color, its what I do. I took Jesse's top picture and color corrected it (asphalt is typically a pretty good neutral gray).  While there are many shades of white buildings, asphalt is pretty consistent world wide. I've attached a color corrected image. The car is dead on purple. While the age of this photo is such it was shot on film, and film can distort color much more so than modern digital cameras, this car is unmistakably purple. The directions are in error.

15258679_207071469701137_8165680428330516480_n.jpg

???

Thank you all, purple it is. It has also given me a common sense way to figure out colours. If are struggling with a colour. look up the sponsors colours. The photo's are also great also. Thanks for the help everyone.

Ash

• 2 weeks later...