Model Cars Magazine Forum

With a ton of help, photographs and measurements provided by av405, I'd designed a set of Nite decals for the F-150 and Broncos of that era. I bought a F-150 Shortbox kit and lo and behold, it was missing the body, bed, hood and frame even though the seller claimed it was complete. Though very fortunately, I spotted another one going dirt, dirt cheap and immediately jumped on it so I could actually give those decals a go and see how they'd turn out(fade effects are a right b**** to nail). And with AMT/Round 2 coming up with a '92 F150 Lightning re-release I thought having a Nite in all black alongside a bright-as-heck red '92 Lightning eventually would be a neat idea!

I jacked up my hand significantly at work a week back and one of the few things I can do(albeit... slow, very slow) is actually do some work on these kits. So far, so good!

20180724_175540.jpg

20180724_175617.jpg

Edited by echoxrayniner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooh baby, that's my kinda build always owned that body style in 1:1 and have always wanted to build a replica of my 91 f150, I live the nites, they were always nice sharp trucks I never had a nite myself but a guy I knew did and it was sweet his was a 94 flareside, how abouts making a set and using the 80 revell box? Nice work though may have to sign up for a set...

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on it a bit more the other day, desperately working through the horror show suspension, which is nice and complicated but prone to bending, snapping, breaking with even the littlest amount of force applied. Think I gotta crank the rear end up a fair bit, make some little blocks for the suspension arms to stand on so the ride height goes up a bit cause it looks ****in' near a lowrider in the back by itself.

20180824_120001.jpg

Anyone who desires a set, just drop me a message! No problemo!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/9/2018 at 4:35 AM, echoxrayniner said:

Worked on it a bit more the other day, desperately working through the horror show suspension, which is nice and complicated but prone to bending, snapping, breaking with even the littlest amount of force applied. Think I gotta crank the rear end up a fair bit, make some little blocks for the suspension arms to stand on so the ride height goes up a bit cause it looks ****in' near a lowrider in the back by itself.

20180824_120001.jpg

Anyone who desires a set, just drop me a message! No problemo!

I had the same suspension problems when I built that kit.