Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turbocharged Flattie.

20 minutes ago, espo said:

I would never have thought of that, but I see no reason that it shouldn't work. Very interesting that someone would combine 80 year old technology with something that is very common today.  

I find he did a nice job of it.

It looks like a clean installation, but blow-through setups can be the real devil to tune.

I kinda feel sorry for the little engine too. Ford flatheads have an inherent weakness as far as getting rid of heat goes to start with. The water passages are very close to the exhaust ports. Adding a turbo AND AC (especially without going to a cross-flow radiator) really asks a lot of the little guy.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

It looks like a clean installation, but blow-through setups can be the real devil to tune.

I kinda feel sorry for the little engine too. Ford flatheads have an inherent weakness as far as getting rid of heat goes to start with. The water passages are very close to the exhaust ports. Adding a turbo AND AC (especially without going to a cross-flow radiator) really asks a lot of the little guy.

What if it is a fake turbo, just for looks?