Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished 1967 Impala

James Tester

I was wondering the same thing... I suppose they could be battery cables? :P

I don't think so...they're not connected to anything!

Anyone out there know what they're supposed to be? I have no idea. My real '67 in the garage doesn't have them... :P

I don't think they're anything other than the manufacturer's goof. My '67 didn't have them either, nor did any of the AC and non-AC '67 full-sizers in my library. I guess they could represent the AC hoses, but the AMT '67 is a non-AC car. Here's a pic of the real thing:

post-1947-1217823869_thumb.jpg

Edited by ubermodel

Great work James. I think you accomplished you goal. Very clean build. Nice color too (I don't see too many gold cars). Great job on the interior too. Very nice.

When I first saw those things on the wheel well I thought they could have been AC lines myself, but then the kit doesn't have AC. :blink::huh:

Mike

Very nice Chevrolet James!

Me too i use the urethane clear and i like it, he dry hard and after polishing he give an real nice smooth shiny look!

The question of the week, What is the mystery hose?

Daniel ;)

I'm going to contend they would be air conditioning lines...whether the model represents an A/C car or not. That's the only accessory on that side of the engine that would have anything even remotely similar to what's laid on the inner fender.

Check out this link...it's a slide show of a 67. This is all I'm basing my statement upon.

Oh, and this was indeed a beautiful build-up of a beautiful car. Even if it doesn't have air... :huh:

:lol:Harry, Those are Regulonian sfinkter worms! They ONLY eat the complex molecular structure that makes up the Chinese imported steel that the 67 ONLY Chevy Impala front wheelhouses were made from. They won't hurt you as they only eat said metal......But then again,... maybe they're not. ;):huh:

Edited by george 53