Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell delays more street dates

Just perused Tower Hobbies site and overnight the street date of the '09 Challenger got pushed back to late January from late August.

The '70 Challenger plastic kit derived from the diecast "Vanishing Point" vesion got bumped to late December from late October.

I just noticed that too. I thought the late August release date for the 09 Challenger was a bit early for typical Revell time frames. January seems a bit more suitable for Revell. just as long as the kit is out before the 2010 Challengers (if Chrysler is still around then) are in 1:1 showrooms

I'm guessing Revell needed to do more work to the 1970 Challenger tool before it got released. hopefully fix the "slab sided" appearance that kit has.

personally, i think they can keep the '70 kit. i don't see the point at all when they already have a really nice '70 Challenger T/A kit that could have been modified into many other versions.

the '09 i am looking forward to though, hopefully it's a well done full detail kit.

Dave

The new 70 1/25 scale kit is lightyears ahead of the 80's vintage 70 1/24 scale kit. If they can fix the slab sidedness of the die cast kit then the new Revell 1/25 70 Challenger will be by far the best Challenger kit out there.

Edited by gasman

The new 70 1/25 scale kit is lightyears ahead of the 80's vintage 70 1/24 scale kit. If they can fix the slab sidedness of the die cast kit then the new Revell 1/25 70 Challenger will be by far the best Challenger kit out there.

Hey Terry,

It will be 1/25 then...? I sure hope so. I have/had the old Monogram 1/24 T/A, and yes...it is dated, even though 80's vintage is not all that old. :rolleyes:

I too, hope for a truely nice accurate 1/25 scale version to make a T/A...it's about all that's missing from my line up..

I talked to Bill Lastovich at the Nats and he said he was able to get them to add some R/T parts to the Challenger kit. Also the Fairlane T-bolt kit will have a flat hood and standard grille and headlights. I didn't ask about the engine choices. The '08 Bullitt 'stang will look fine in my Bullitt collection :blink: