Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life is on hold

KWT

I feel kind of bad not having been around lately now that I saw this.

Grit, determination, and knowing people are behind you make all the difference in the world.

It looks like he's making a pretty full recovery, too, which is awesome.

I'd like to extend my best wishes for him and your family going forward.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks guys!!

We went back to the Dr Tuesday. He looked him over and said he thought he was looking good and seemed to be healing right up. He suggested massaging his face to reduce swelling quicker and also to cut down on scaring. And then said you look like you can go back to driving and working.

On the way home he messaged his manager. He jumped back in his faithful car "spot" and started back to work Wednesday. Goes back to the Dr in a couple weeks. Definitely looks like he's moving in the right direction.

3 hours ago, KWT said:

Thanks guys!!

We went back to the Dr Tuesday. He looked him over and said he thought he was looking good and seemed to be healing right up. He suggested massaging his face to reduce swelling quicker and also to cut down on scaring. And then said you look like you can go back to driving and working.

On the way home he messaged his manager. He jumped back in his faithful car "spot" and started back to work Wednesday. Goes back to the Dr in a couple weeks. Definitely looks like he's moving in the right direction.

Great news and thanks for the "update."

• 3 months later...

It's been a year since this topic was first posted. Was mostly just a way for me to vent so to speak. The goodness you guys showed from then on was/is amazing. The encouragement and support was deeply appreciate throughout the year.. and Jacob was blown away by how people he didn't know we're rooting for him... 

How far he's come in a year has been inspiring to see. He's a tough one and determined. Hes talking about going to school to be an EMT and possibly and RN afterwards... I hope he follows through.

Last night he said goodbye to his faithful car spot... And today took over my Impala.

IMG_20191013_143007_419.thumb.jpg.b8212fc34656e6be1746e8a6037cc535.jpg

I'm one proud, happy and VERY thankful dad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KWT said:

It's been a year since this topic was first posted. Was mostly just a way for me to vent so to speak. The goodness you guys showed from then on was/is amazing. The encouragement and support was deeply appreciate throughout the year.. and Jacob was blown away by how people he didn't know we're rooting for him... 

How far he's come in a year has been inspiring to see. He's a tough one and determined. Hes talking about going to school to be an EMT and possibly and RN afterwards... I hope he follows through.

Last night he said goodbye to his faithful car spot... And today took over my Impala.

IMG_20191013_143007_419.thumb.jpg.b8212fc34656e6be1746e8a6037cc535.jpg

I'm one proud, happy and VERY thankful dad.

Amen to that.

• 3 years later...

It's been a long while since I've visited this one...

Today, we spent the day together. Just the 2 of us. Been a long time since we've done that. We went out to eat and he took me around the town he's living in. It's been a great day... days I don't take for granted.

image000000(1).jpg.3599181a5a84eaa0a301c4f9a58d08f2.jpg

The events were on my mind driving home this evening...

The kiddo graduates from school this year. He couldn't get in the EMT program, so he went into business.

Hoping he accomplishes great things... but as the song goes, "all I want for you my son, is to be satisfied."

• Like 6

• 2 months later...