Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stop it DeAgostini!! You're killing me!!

Just got notified of this big boy coming from DeAgostini and ModelSpace. Just when I have ONE LAST PAYMENT to make on that 1/8 scale Shelby of theirs, they drop this bomb on me! :wub::wub:

If I get too many of these things, I'll need a bigger house! The Shelby has already taken up about 25 medium boxes of space with  parts and such to be done stacked on one side of my build room. Hmmm.............this one has me drooling for sure and you VW guys are sure to love this one!

That 300SL Gullwing.............I'd break the bank for that! Wasn't that supposed to be out a couple years ago?

I know they like to focus on European subjects, but I'd sure like to see a couple more American ones.

'63 Corvette Stingray
'55-'57 T-Bird

How 'bout a '68 Shelby GT500KR Convertible?? If their '67 Shelby is any indicator, that would sell like hotcakes!

Here's that stupid Falcon:

FALCON-SALVAT.jpg

which has taken grip in my imagination just 'cause it seems so unlikely as a 1/8 model.  Not available in the US yet far as I know, but if it ever is...

Meantime, I made the PROFOUND mistake of visiting the Eaglemoss site to have another look at the DB, only to get lassoed by another one I never thought we'd see stateside. 

Um, don't go to the Eaglemoss site.  There's another big pop-culture item waiting to snag the unsuspecting - and I'm not talking about the DeLorean.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
one inaccuracy removed

OK Chuck.......I couldn't resist! I did go to the Eaglemoss site and now I've got that thing permanently seared into my want list! To make things worse, the monthly subscription fee is VERY reasonable if I read things right, much more so than the '67 Shelby.

I gotta think about that one.........I've got two dozen boxes of parts for the Shelby that I haven't started yet to build and then there's this one! And yes, to tease others about this, you'll have to see for yourselves what we're talking about. I'll say that this car has NEVER been done in this scale and would be quite the conversation piece once it's built up and sitting in your house. ;)

image.png.c912497b46cf1e4f49414c78e89f0b43.png

I don't know why, but the fact that this IS so unlikely a subject in this scale, I'd grab it too! Gotta have WW tires on it though. I think that would really dress things up! Don't be surprised if indeed it shows up to be had.

OK..........enough drooling over that wild car on Eaglemoss and back to work on my Corvette resto!

I hope that by the time I retire I'll have the wherewith all to still be able to build these. However with the amount of models I have, I'd have to live three or four lifetimes to finish 'em all! :D 

On 11/1/2018 at 7:26 PM, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Oh, Bill  -

Don't look now, but Eaglemoss is re-releasing their James Bond Aston Martin too.  If they see their way back to the 300SL Gullwing, I'm done for.

To say nothing of the Salvat F100 or their four-door '63 Falcon, if those ever make their way stateside...

I'm thinking of subscribing to the AM kit. It's nice that it looks like a stock AM for those who aren't fans of Goldfinger. A nice looking auto all around.

I'm glad someone else wants Salvat to sell the F100 stateside. I'm not even a truck guy but I'd probably get it just because it looks awesome.

Has anyone tried contacting Salvat about the Falcon or F-100 becoming available in the U.S.? I have a tenuous grasp on the English language so I haven't ventured to tried contacting them since they seem to be a South American company.

I'd imagine there'd be licensing issues in the U.S. but I'd imagine the kits would be way more popular in the states which could make up for the costs?

What am I missing?  I looked at the Eaglemoss site and didn't see anything particularly interesting.  I also checked their Facebook page, which is littered with complaints about non-delivery of goods, unauthorised payments taken from bank accounts and being unable to cancel subscriptions - doesn't seem like a company I'd want to deal with...

Hmm. Welp, guess I'll know better as the R35 sub starts up.

As for the other 1/8 subjects, they put the jam your doughnut or they don't, and for the general audience here, it's not such a wild guess that the former might be more likely.  No Dodges from anybody yet on 1/8 subscription, but that may change.

Deagostini have had their hitches but they've made good on all of them so far, in my experience.  If Eaglemoss meets that standard at least, they'll be fine with me.

I don't expect any 1/8 Dodges, and I woudn't be able to afford one anyway, but I still don't know what you've found that you're all getting excited about.  All I can see in their shop is the BTF DeLorean, the Aston Martin, and a bunch of figures and Sci-Fi stuff.  Confused, I am...