Model Cars Magazine Forum

Up next 69 chrysler 300

montelsc

I will follow that build because I have a ´70 300 Kit, too. Mine does not have an engine bay and has a built-in hood (so I´m a little bit jealous). I will send my bumpers to a company that did some chrome plating for me before. It´s not the cheapest way but it looks definitely better than Alclad, BMF or Molotow.

6 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Bruce nice progress and it’s going to look good in blue. Are you going with a vinyl top like in the picture? What are you going to use for your engine? I’m also interested in seeing what you do with getting your bumpers chrome. I’ve got the same issues. 

Yes im doing a vinyl top after I repair the firewall and prime the body

the engine im using is the 68/69 charger 440 with auto trans 

Looking forward to seeing your progress. My best friend growing up his dad had a similar model, it was a 69 Chrysler LeBaron 2door. 440 4 bbl, 727 torqueflite. The car was a monster, weighed 5100 lbs, and could smoke the tires at will. It was a cruiser but got awful gas mileage around 10 mpg.Lol.

Love these big Chryslers I also have this 72 imperial not the greatest resin body but not bad either

built on a full 69 charger chassis with interior and corprate blue 440 "the new color in 72 for low hp"

20181109_070754_resized.jpg

20181109_070841_resized.jpg

Edited by montelsc