Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 caprice estate wagon

greatsack69

Neat model. Really cool to see all of the extensive, and accurate modifications done to cars to make them derby-ready. It would make a great load on a trailer, headed to the county fair. I love the foam and the torn up seat. Great details!

Edited by vincen47

Looking at the first couple of pictures it looked interesting, then seeing the chassis you can see the attention to the detailing  like the drive shaft braking. After looking at the pictures of the engine and interior this really comes to life. Someone knows more than a little about this type of vehicle and how they are put together. While not something I would do for myself that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the efforts put into this build.   I really like this a lot. 

Love it! 

I think I learned a thing or two about derby car prep just from observing the details in this model. I like how it's built in a very clear style with parts called out in contrasting colors, almost like a technical diagram. 

One thing that jumps out at me--I've been to a couple derbies and the cars were never reinforced quite THIS much! Must be a different rule set :D