Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Chevy, a custom mix !

Lowlife ! !

Always liked the 59/60 Chevys, and this was destined to be another Lowrider..........
Thing is Ive built a few now and I fancied something a bit different !
So this is going to be slammed, and I'm adding anything i think looks Kool.... Or chrome !
Its mainly a bit 60s style i guess, but I'm not copying any particular style just making it up as i go ! 
So far I have Pegasus lowrider tyres, with deep dish chrome reverse wheels, and the engine is a chromed out 348, with tri-carbs from the 58 Chevy kit !
Might have a white interior, and possibly a tube grill front and back that covers the lights, I'm not sure yet !

More soon, thanks for checking in.......

45047819324_8c7d84f149_b.jpg

45047844774_6e9a04f656_b.jpg
Edited by Lowlife ! !

Been working on the interior, finished a front seat, then hated it and luckily found another one in the spares box !
Thing i didnt like was the only interior decals are in red, thats it !
So i thought of printing off some new designs on the computer, reducing the size,  then simply gluing them on with PVA glue !
Heres a couple of mock ups, but when glued down they look great, and being thin paper they fit around corners etc ! !

Oh and im probably using the top ones... 

30904005907_3f40b40943_b.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Thanks guys......

Well i had a couple of hours spare to work on this earlier, and got 1 door panel completed !  :(
Oh the joy of BMF, especially when it wont stick !
The panel is actually matt white and semi gloss ivory, and theres white fur at the bottom, but in the pic it just looks like its not painted... :angry:

Dont know why i bother sometimes, whatever happened to building a complete kit in a week end, like i did when i was a kid ! ! !

45160152384_9f403be360_b.jpg
Edited by Lowlife ! !

Great job on the interior. The pattern looks just like OEM. The next time you're looking for colored inserts for an interior you might want to check out Keith Marks Decals under the After Market/Resin section.   He also has decals of the instruments for many different models also. 

Steve... Thanks !

Rusty... Thanks, funny you mention surgical, a friend worked at a hospital and used to get me disposable knifes for operations !  I have one left, ultra sharp, just for BMF !

Guido, James2,   thanks guys !

David...  thanks but i dont want to copy any of his designs , most stuff is on the web, simple enough !

Chris... Thanks !

Kevin, thanks yes i got the pens but Ive found lately they sometimes come out a dull metal colour. Maybe im not shaking it up enough ?  I use BMF for straight lines and the pen for small objects, usually ! 

On 11/16/2018 at 6:59 PM, Lowlife ! ! said:

Bit more added.....
See how the paper design can fit around the seat shapes ? Endless posibilities with this ! 
I redone the armrest too with more BMF,   just carpets and dash left....

44094925770_e3c1b30e12_b.jpg

Did you use just regular printer paper for the door panel and seat inserts?

Thanks Tom, it works well doesn't it ?  Look forward to seeing some of yours !

And thanks Jeff, yes it's regular printer paper, nothing fancy !  White glue or PVA sticks it well, but don't paint it with dull coat or anything as this will darken it !

Also don't wet it, if adding transfers close to it !  Ask me how I know ! !

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Bit more, i flaked the parcel shelf and added pinstripes, in gold, to match the intended paint !

45999649602_296f010bbd_b.jpg

Then added hydraulics and a matching boot design !

45137572085_59d6c1a0b3_b.jpg

Going to be hard to see some of the wiring when installed, but i know its there !  ;)

Inner wings have yet to be painted too, its just mocked up !

45325133544_89c977526e_b.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Thanks Cary,  thanks Dominic !

And Thank you David, yes thought I'd have a change on this one and leave it Chevy powered !

I replied to a build recently where the guy hadn't build models for several years. He bought new glue, knives etc and built a muscle car, and I was so impressed with the time and attention he took on every piece.  I figured I'd build something fairly simple, but try and take my time, going back to basics and keeping it clean !