Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gotta get my wisdom teeth removed.

Well how 'bout having 2 top front, 2 bottom front, and one in the rear pulled all at the same time! ;)

I just had that done a couple months ago as the dentist suggested that they be pulled or they're gonna come out on their own....................and that could be most unpleasant!

I've got partials in their place now-----------let's just say I haven't gotten totally used to eating with 'em yet! B)

Get yourself a spiral binder and write down everything you know before you have them removed. That notebook will come in very handy afterwards... :(

I don't know the exact date of the "fun" yet. I have to go to another dentist office to talk about it.

I was told the same thing recently by my dentist... I knew I should have done it when I was a teenager. I've had alot of pain this year but now they (only 3 of a possible 4, where not sure where the other one went!) have all come through. Unfortunately the bottom two have caused some crowding and cut into the gum on one occassion! :angry: Gotta get it done soon...

I had all 4 done in one shot in 1988 on a Thursday. I was knocked out for it, didn't feel a thing until the anesthesia wore off. Spent the next few days on drugs. On Friday, I built planters for my front stoop with POWER TOOLS. Saturday, I had rented a jack hammer, blasted a hole in my basement wall, broke up 15 feet of sidewalk and ran electric to my garage. All the while eating Percodans and Codein like they were penny candy.

I had no bad after effects aside from one socket that refused to heal, it would up being a sliver of tooth that had to come up to the surface. Stock up on ice cream!

Bob

I had mine removed years ago, and like others have said, I was put under first. Afterwards I took the painkillers the dentist prescribed, and basically the whole process/recovery was painless. I've had more pain from a sore throat... so wisdom teeth removal should be a piece of cake.

I had mine done about 15 years ago. I had all four types of extractions. I was put under and didn't feel any pain afterward. None, that is until my first cigarette! If you smoke, quit for two weeks and you'll be fine. (Hell, if you make it two weeks, you might as well quit for good! :lol: )

Best of luck to you my friend. Somehow I've managed to live with mine with no problems even after 50 years.

After my assult in JUne I figured the oral surgeon would remove them to make room for repair work that was to be needed in my upper jaw and sinus cavities. I had my first reconstructive surgury on tuesday of last week. They ended up puting 4 titanium plates in my upper jaw to reattach my jaw to my skull. My face is still the size of a football from the swelling I'm numb from the eyelids down. Nose is just an ornimante at this time next surgury they look into a rebuild job on it.

better days are coming for both of us I'm sure.

Vince Putt

I had mine removed last year, 2 in Jan, 2 in Oct. While it was not fun, it actually was nowhere near as bad as I expected. I took the vicodin the day they came out but only used tylenol after that for 2 or 3 days.

I'm really glad I had it done, only wish I had done it years before.

When he removed mine, novacaine....then he climbed over my chest with these ugly looking pliers...crunch, crunch, crack...one gone, two gone three gone..... ;)

They put me under for mine- good call. I'm fairly afraid of pain meds- seen too many ppl get addicted. They gave me 20 pills of some really good stuff (Demerol) and 17 ended up flushed down the dumper. I was able to knock down the pain with Ibuprofen pretty quickly.

Ditto on the not smoking thing. Dry socket is pretty excruciating. If I'd listened to that advice, 18 of the pain pills would have gotten the flush instead of 17.