Model Cars Magazine Forum

Please delete this thread

The story behind this photo:

Foiledagain-vi.jpg

That was a "halloween photo" put on the former Hobby Heaven message board. That year a guy showed up on the board requesting help with Bare Metal Foil. He could barely type a coherent sentence; either no caps or all caps, no punctuation and crazy run-on sentences. Long story short, he was having a miserable time with BMF. He asked for help, and many people attempted to help him figure it out; he got the best advice possible from many sources. Instead of thanking people, he got belligerent and nasty because he was still unable to get good results with the stuff. People emailed him with help and got nasty replies. I was one of them. He kept posting about the foil as if he had never posted about it before, people continually tried to help him even after their heads were bitten off, eventually it was clear that without face-to-face intervention he was never going to be happy! I doubt he ever did learn how to apply BMF, and with his belligerent attitude, his lack of aptitude, and never once offering a "thanks", well...the idea for the photo was pretty timely. A "self" portrait of a belligerent guy (whose name became legendary over there) covered in tinfoil and bandages, sticking his tongue out at everyone. Accompanied by a crazy run-on sentence attacking all who dared give him such "bad" advice. You had to be there... :blink:

Now I'm glad that this WASN'T deleted!!!!!! :lol::lol:

And Arizona and Iowa look they both have ... "A" um.... "I" and "O"

I didn't know they grew Cactus in Iowa..., but it's been some time since I have been through Iowa.

Didn't see any Cows last time I was in AZ, though.

They are both in the good ole US of A... what bloody more do you want?

I've had people think I was from Iowa even after telling them I'm originally from Ohio....4 letters, both flat Midwestern states...I guess they get them confused. But I'm actually from eastern Ohio, which has more in common w/ western Pa than the Midwest..... hilly Appalachian foothills...I've managed to live in 6 states (OH, FL, MI, IL,CO, AZ) in 38 years.

I'm flying to Pittsburgh this afternoon..will be fun to back in Ohio for Labor Day, get my Mustang out, take a few drives around the twisty back roads.. :lol:

Edited by Rob Hall

pink floyd :o

Nope. Another one from 'Home' by Procol Harum. Its called 'The Dead Man's Dream'. The arrangement is more typical of their stuff, with the piano and Hammond taking center stage. Seriously, if you like dark and morbid, this is a great set. They kinda remind of The Beatles with a serious death wish on this one.

You want to look at me :):o

Here's a picture of me hiding behind a mask. Extra points if people know the story behind this photo:

Foiledagain-vi.jpg

Its either to keep the government from intercepting your thoughts, or its an antenna to pick up messages from the mothership.

man, this song you never hear but it is good

I know that it's evil

I know that it's got to be

I know I ain't doing much

Doing nothing means a lot to me

Living on a shoe string

A fifty cent millionaire

Open to charity

Rock 'n' roller welfare

Sitting in my Cadillac

Listening to my radio

Suzy baby get on in

Tell me where she want to go

I'm living in a nightmare

She's looking like a wet dream

I got myself a Cadillac

But I can't afford the gasoline

CHORUS:

I've got holes in my shoes

And I'm way overdue

Down payment blues

Get myself a steady job

Some responsibility

Can't even feed my cat

On social security

Hiding from the rent man

Oh it makes me want to cry

Sheriff knocking on my door

Ain't it funny how the time flies

Sitting on my sailing boat

Sipping off my champaign

Suzy baby all at sea [suzy baby you're obscene]

Say she want to come again

Feeling like a paper cup

[Floating | Blowing] down a storm drain

Got myself a sailing boat

But I can't afford the gasoline [...afford a drop of rain]

But I can't afford to gather way [gather way - navigation - To attain headway

Don Imus: Obama an 'Empty Suit and a Phony'

By: Phil Brennan

Nationally syndicated talk radio host Don Imus says he will back John McCain for president because Barack Obama is “an empty suit and a phony."

Imus, appearing on Monday's Fox News broadcast of "Your World with Neil Cavuto," said, "I have personal experience at that. When I made my remarks about the Rutgers basketball team, which was mean-spirited and directed at people who did not deserve to be made fun of — and was not funny — I apologized for that. I didn't offer any lame excuses, [but] he refused to place into context either my life … or any of the work that I had done in my life," Imus said.

"As I pointed out to Al Sharpton, I slept in the house here at the ranch with more black children who are not related to me than either one of them [the Obamas] ever have. And then when this psychopath Rev. Wright shoots his mouth off, and I wasn't serious, [but] he was serious making outrageous reprehensible remarks."

Imus continued, “The first thing Senator Obama asked all of us to do was to place this clown’s life in perspective and to consider the context. That's nonsense. I don't detest Senator Obama at all, I just think he’s disingenuous and a phony.â€

Imus poked fun at the current Democratic National convention asking, “Why do the Democrats invite every loser — Dukakis and Gore and John Kerry and Clinton — hanging around to remind everybody that here is another guy who couldn't get it done. I don't get that. It just reminds us that it’s been one disastrous campaign after another.â€

As for McCain, Imus said he thinks the Arizona senator “has the potential to be a president in the tradition of Teddy Roosevelt, and I love the guy.â€

© 2008 Newsmax.