Model Cars Magazine Forum

What all would it take to convert the AMT Ecto-1 into a realistic hearse?

IIRC, Jimmy Flintstone made (makes?) a resin body of that 59 Caddy hearse, saving you a lot of time. I don't think it includes an interior, so you'd still have to figure out how to get rid of all the Ecto1 paraphernalia from it though. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day I converted this from thew only release of the Ecto from AMT Ertl . A contemporary  Modelhaus Conversion provided the wheels / tires . R/Bumper . The removal of the stuff was intense . My Friend Greg Smith did the Windshield Tint . I tried and failed .. The roof took a year and a half to get right . Those E Light Streamlined Tunnels are scratch built . The Bubble Gum Roof Flasher is an early Resin Cast part . This is a Tribute build . The prototype was not Generic as I chose to depict here .  Thanx ..

'59 Cadd Ambulance.jpg

1959 caddy Ambulance.jpg

Edited by dimaxion

i have never done it, but Jim Schultz who makes resin parts for emergency equipment and hearses has done it many times. He has a site called 3 inches under that sells parts to make a hearse. He aslo has a facebook page under the same name that he has his builds posted