Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 charger

michelle

i decided to mimic the old mpc customizing parts givin with the 68-70 charger kits with this 69 500 parts car i had it was missing the back window ,the hood, the front grille, the taillights  and was missing the stering wheel and shifter,  the  original wheels and tires ,the wheel backs and engine,and engine bay parts so i figured i would do a custom  with it i used parts from my other parts cars and parts i got  in boxes with rebuilders  
the paint is a metallic gold base coat with a  top coat of  orange color coat to give it this metallic  burnt orange color 

IMG_8567.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

IMG_8565.JPG

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8573.JPG

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8571.JPG

IMG_8569.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

Edited by michelle

55 minutes ago, #1 model citizen said:

Very nice color! Is the orange color coat a translucent paint or was it a light single coat of solid color over the gold?  

thanks it is a color coat it is translucent   but i needed to do 3  light layers  to get it the right shade   it is  dupli-color metalcast anodized coating color coat    and orange is just one of the colors they make  they also have a blue a green a red  a yellow and a purple 

4 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

You dared to be different with the roof and side windows modification. Interesting design. Keep on!

CT

thank you the orginal  mpc 68-70 charger customizing kits came with side window filler pieces and louvers for the normal recessed rear window  along with a split  rear bumper and  one peice tail light and a custom grille and custom hood  the only reason i know they did was due to the pics of the box art and the online repository of scans of the original instruction sheets so i did my best to replicate the look  they would give the model 

48 minutes ago, michelle said:

thanks it is a color coat it is translucent   but i needed to do 3  light layers  to get it the right shade   it is  dupli-color metalcast anodized coating color coat    and orange is just one of the colors they make  they also have a blue a green a red  a yellow and a purple 

I saw that paint on my last visit to O'Reilly's but I never thought of using it as a clear color coat! (kind of like a candy paint?) It looks fantastic!

11 minutes ago, #1 model citizen said:

I saw that paint on my last visit to O'Reilly's but I never thought of using it as a clear color coat! (kind of like a candy paint?) It looks fantastic!

yeah it is like candy coats  

1 hour ago, olschoolkid said:

Nice Charger. I really like the paint and all of the custom parts you added. That's the beauty of model building, being able to mix and match parts to build what we want.

thank you and that is true