Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/mpc 1932 Chrysler Roadster

randyc

On 7/28/2019 at 12:58 PM, dimaxion said:

I admire this build . Beautiful Replica IMHO . Testors '32 Chrysler . Monogram '30 Packard Speedster Boat-tail ,  '35 Monogram Town Car Dusenburgh (note , built in 1978)  , 1934 Monogram Dusenburgh Sport (pidittle - I would hate to dive this at night) ,  Lindburgh Dr Fuch Bugatti Royal (1) , Itialiar Bugatti Royal (2) , Heller Bugatti Royal (3) .. there were actually 6 made  , Heller Typo 55 Bugatti , Blower Bently (defunct Japanese Kit - not Heller Version) ,  Bugatti Typo 35 Monogram , Monogram Mercedes 540 K , This Kit I finished just prior to the Franklin Mint Model in the same colors : Heller Mercedes 540 K . I have more . Yes .. displaying Complete Builds  is a problem I sure am glad to deal with . Especially now as my skills slide away at an alarming rate . From 1984 until 2001 these were built . I have many more . Yes , Tom , you don't see these finished much at all  . I never took one to the Toledo (last one in the coming up Fall) Shows . Way to fragile to travel .  

'32 Chrysler Imperial Touring  F.JPG

'29  '30 Packard Speedster F.JPG

1935 Dusenburgh TC F.JPG

Dusenburgh SJ F.JPG

Bugatti Royal Dr. Edsters Roadster f.JPG

Bugatti Mohagany Rotal f.JPG

Bugatti Royal Royal TC f.JPG

Bugatti Royal  Typo 57 f.JPG

Blower Bently f.JPG

Bugattin Typo 35 F.JPG

MB 540 K '36 f.JPG

MB Kompressor f.JPG

The red one is a Heller kit , I never took any to dis[play at the Toledo shows I attended . I am unable to edit and TY for the comments .. Thanx 

Edited by dimaxion

15 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Looks great Randy...Are you painting up figures for it..?

I'm working on them a little at a time, but yes.   Since I have several "classics" to work on, I have the figures on the bench and use them as time fillers while something is drying or curing.   They need quite a bit of work.  I have one figure's torso and legs sitting on the edge of the desk headless.  LOL.  I have put a couple of lead sinkers in his body to give him some weight.  Will probably add one more in his hiney to make him sit even better.   Wish I could figure out a way to make him wearing a pinstrip suit, but just don't think I'll be able to do that.   Wife & I have been watching Boardwalk Empire lately, so I've been paying attention to the details on the gangsters.

17 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Nice guys. 

Ive got all the ones shown stashed back for a rainy day.

Me thinks said rainy day is gettin closer by the minute 

These "classics" are definitely not like what most builders are used to.  And you will use all of your skils in some way or anoter on these I think.   But the results are pretty rewarding.