Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Lincoln cruiser

BIGTRUCK

Super work!  I can't imagine all you're doing.  I built the AMT 1949 Merc and wanted to add the lip at bottom of trunk lid that isn't on the kit piece.   That was enough extra work for me.  I'd never finish something like this.   Can't wait to see it finished.

Widest white walls for this big boat.   

I got some color on this week and not looking forward to all the chrome ,but I got this far whats a little more anguish..?. Body color is Tamiya Maroon and the interior is dark tan and not sure on the accent color but tested the waters with a cream color. The body has more time to cure before the clear  and chrome foil so the engine , chassis and interior are up next. The dashboard is a modified 49 Mercury dash.

IMG_20191108_141936026.jpg

IMG_20191108_142138100.jpg

I actually saw a real one of these Lincolns,albeit a two door, on the interstate about a week ago. It was a dark blue and looked very cool on the move in the midst of all of the other"sameness" normally visible in today's cookie cutter car world of silver four doors and SUV's.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, misterNNL said:

I actually saw a real one of these Lincolns,albeit a two door, on the interstate about a week ago. It was a dark blue and looked very cool on the move in the midst of all of the other"sameness" normally visible in today's cookie cutter car world of silver four doors and SUV's.

That's a fact, when this came down the road I'm very sure it was noticed.

Doing the bright work this weekend, bare metal foil and cheating some with a Molotow pen. 

IMG_20191116_193747167.jpg