Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 67 Chevelle PS wheels

I don't think they replicate any real wheels. Not sure why Ertl thought four spoke wheels would be a good idea, but maybe there's just something about Pro Street '67 Chevelles, as Revell's version has Chevy bowties instead of lug nuts. ?

I often wondered why that kit came with a four spike Centerline style wheel. They still look pretty good, except for the one less spoke. 
Are you looking for a correct wheel in this style? One of the Revell 69 Nova SS kits has decent looking Centerline Convo Pros that you would just need to modify the rears to be a pro street rim. 

Edited by Brutalform

I think those 4 spoke wheels are meant to replicate a light weight wheel used mainly for Drag Racing. I wonder if this offering could be built as a stock 396 SS. I remember when this was first issued at the same time Revell started offering their '67 SS 396. There was several write ups comparing the two. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

I think those 4 spoke wheels are meant to replicate a light weight wheel used mainly for Drag Racing. I wonder if this offering could be built as a stock 396 SS. I remember when this was first issued at the same time Revell started offering their '67 SS 396. There was several write ups comparing the two. 

The Pro Street only builds a pro street on both brands.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, Brutalform said:

I often wondered why that kit came with a four spike Centerline style wheel. They still look pretty good, except for the one less spoke. 
Are you looking for a correct wheel in this style? One of the Revell 69 Nova SS kits has decent looking Centerline Convo Pros that you would just need to modify the rears to be a pro street rim. 

I think centerline should have had their keasters removed for designing those wheels.... Just an opinion..... ?

Sorry!.....