Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner started

On 2/29/2020 at 9:08 AM, Mr mopar said:

Jerry be very careful when you put the interior in that cab it's a very tight fit and may brake out the back of the cab ,just a heads up ! I personally hate this model the cab is goofy I really wish Round 2 would do a new style cab from 1978-80 just .

I concur. It took a bit of finessed force to get the interior tub in my day cab. I have concerns when it comes time for my sleeper cab's interior installation.

On 3/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, JerseeJerry55 said:

New cab arrived. So the $64,000. Question is.....what colors and scheme do I go with? Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you. 

On 3/14/2020 at 4:14 PM, blackbeard said:

Red and white with gold pinstripe 

No fair, That's my color scheme. May I suggest this...

IMG_1239.JPG

Freightliner COE wht-blu.JPG

The build continues on. More engine weathering and some inadvertent inside of the windshield fingerprint smadging lends itself to the process. Additionally the left rear cab support decided to go south so I reached out to a friend for extras. Front nameplate and headlights attached. I must say as much as I love the old IH 4070A and 4070B the White Freightliner cabover will always be my favorite.

2470F9C6-065D-4AC5-B623-691D11062F18.jpeg