Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 AAR 340-6 'Cuda in Panther Pink

Bills72sj

This model is actually a marriage of two models. The chassis, interior and engine are actually from my old '70 Challenger TA. I traded the Challenger body off to a friend who races slot cars. I got the ex-racer Cuda body from him as well. I had always thought that Panther Pink was a unique Mopar color so I thought I'd would try it on this one. It took the second repaint to get it right. The original inner fenders were hacked up in order to provide tire clearance for the slot car chassis. I used a Pepsi can to create aluminum panels for the inner fenders and fire wall.

The engine was built back in the 80's when I used thread for ignition wires. My first choice of wheels was the billet 3 hole directionals. But just before I sacrificed a set of Cragars (with bad centers) for the trim rings, I mocked them up. Even though I completed the effort of widening the directionals, I still kept thinking about 5-spokes. I ended up doing an informal poll of a few Yahoo modeling groups and the five spokes were the overwhelming choice. So... I widened a set of those to go on the Cuda. The only addtional item of note is the photo-etch triple gage set under the dash. For some reason it took me a long time to get this one done.

70 AAR Cuda LF 2nd.jpg

70 AAR Cuda LR 2nd.jpg

Interior with gages.jpg

340 Six-Pack B.jpg

70 AAR Cuda front.jpg

70 AAR Cuda RF 2nd.jpg