Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replicas and Miniature's P-11A item

15 hours ago, BubbaBrown said:

Norm is a true craftsman and we have never met in person but seems like a true gentleman.

I have known Norm since 1984 and he is really a true gentleman and talented craftsman.  I just don't get the same feeling from a 3D printing machine.

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

I have known Norm since 1984 and he is really a true gentleman and talented craftsman.  I just don't get the same feeling from a 3D printing machine.

I certainly didn't mean anything negative about Norm or R&M. I've spent hundreds of dollars for his stuff, which is beyond doubt some of the best in the business.

On the other hand, it takes considerable craftsmanship and skill to translate real parts into an accurately scaled printable format, and to be as committed to achieving an exceptional quality final result as Randy Ditton at Model Builder's Warehouse is. The 3D "printing machine" doesn't work all on its own

There's plenty of room for both old- and new-school approaches to producing high quality aftermarket bits.