Model Cars Magazine Forum

Strange glitches...

LL3 Model Worx

For some reason for the past few days sometimes I can't post... I immediately get redirected to a message about how the GLS photos got botched somehow... then after a few attempts the site will basically just lock up and give me 403... and all that jazz for a few hours before I can even load the sight again.

Super frustrating.

Is this something that usually happens or is it an anomaly?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dave, I have a different problem that showed up yesterday.  The "condensed view" doesn't work.  I can only see the site in the expanded version.  Interestingly, I have the same issue on the IPMS site that has a similar layout.  I wonder if it is some software bug that was triggered by the change of the year?

13 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Dave, I have a different problem that showed up yesterday.  The "condensed view" doesn't work.  I can only see the site in the expanded version.  Interestingly, I have the same issue on the IPMS site that has a similar layout.  I wonder if it is some software bug that was triggered by the change of the year?

I too have this same problem.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:52 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

For some reason for the past few days sometimes I can't post... I immediately get redirected to a message about how the GLS photos got botched somehow... then after a few attempts the site will basically just lock up and give me 403... and all that jazz for a few hours before I can even load the sight again.

Super frustrating.

Is this something that usually happens or is it an anomaly?

Has anyone else experienced this?

It looks like you encountered our security rule problem. I'm still figuring this one out, but should have a solution soon. The words i n s e r t and s e l e c t tend to inflame the security rules. Misspelling them should get the post to work. 

23 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Did this work after we upgraded? I don't think it's part of the default theme for the site. I will be updating that in the next month or so. 

29 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Did this work after we upgraded? I don't think it's part of the default theme for the site. I will be updating that in the next month or so. 

Dave, it just started on January 1 which seems a little coincidental. 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:02 PM, Pete J. said:

I have the same issue. The page initially loads with the "Expanded View" displayed and when I click on the button at the top to change the display to "Condensed View", the button indicates a change but the display doesn't change. This also started on 1/1/2020 for me as well.

David G. 

10 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

It looks like you encountered our security rule problem. I'm still figuring this one out, but should have a solution soon. The words i n s e r t and s e l e c t tend to inflame the security rules. Misspelling them should get the post to work. 

Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to watch out for it.